Due Date: February 1, 2019
The 2019 IIE Victor J. Goldberg Reward for Peace in the Middle East election cycle is now open. IIE grants the IIE Victor J. Goldberg Reward for Peace in the Middle East every year to acknowledge impressive work being carried out collectively by 2 people, one Arab and one Israeli, interacting to advance the reason for peace in the Middle East.
Objectives of the Reward:
- Advance the reason for peace in the Middle East
- Reward those who are brave and dedicated to work to get rid of the spiritual, cultural, ethnic and political problems which divide the area
- Break down barriers of hate towards “the other”
- Acknowledge development
- Inspire others operating at the grassroots level, and show that their efforts deserve larger acknowledgment
The 2 people whose work is evaluated to be most effective in bringing individuals together and fulfilling the objectives of the Reward share a US$10,000 reward. The winners are picked by a prominent global choice committee. Award events are usually held each June, together with public statement of the winners to push and social networks. In 2019, the Reward will be commemorating it’s 15 th anniversary of acknowledging and supporting ongoing work towards peace.
- To acknowledge the complete series of outstanding work being carried out in this really hard and essential location, IIE is motivating applications from any 2 people from Arab and Isreal whose activities satisfy the requirements and objectives detailed above.
- Eligibility in the past was restricted to groups in which one member had some previous connection with IIE’s programs or sponsors. Such previous connection will still get choice in close judgements, however will not instantly identify the winner.
To learn more, go to IIE Victor J. Goldberg Reward