Due Date: March 15, 2019
IITA is happy to reveal 30 research study fellowships for 2019 under the structure of the CARE task. The fellowships are action-oriented and target young academics and experts, and college students at the post-course work/research phase of their programs.
The fellowship program looks for to add to policy advancement on youth engagement in agribusiness and rural financial activities in Africa. The International Institute of Tropical Farming (IITA) got a three-year research study grant for “Enhancing Capability to Apply Research Study Proof (CARE) in policy for youth engagement in agribusiness and rural financial activities in Africa” moneyed by the International Fund for Agricultural Advancement (IFAD).
- Awards for Research Study Grants depend on $10,000(Propositions with an affordable greater spending plan can likewise be picked depending upon the quality of the research study proposition);-LRB- ***************).
- Beneficiaries will be monitored by IITA’s socio-economics researchers in close cooperation with their national/university managers;-LRB- ***************).
- Beneficiaries will be provided training on research study method, information management, and clinical composing;-LRB- ***************).
- Beneficiaries will be provided training on production of research study proof for policy-making
- Candidates need to be young Africans;-LRB- ***************).
- The research study will be performed in the list below nations: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Zambia;-LRB- ***************).
- Candidates need to not be more than 40 years of ages at the time of application;-LRB- ***************).
- Candidates need to be young scholars at a research study institute or university in Africa or a trainee signed up in a PhD or Master’s program in acknowledged universities in Africa, learning farming economics, agribusiness, or economics or an associated social science field, and need to have completed their university course work;-LRB- ***************).
- The period of the research study must not surpass 6 months.
Examination requirements will consist of the value of the proposed policy concern, the strength of the methodological
design, and proposed analysis of the research study. In addition, the evaluation requirements will consist of:
- Is the policy concern plainly specified?
- What is currently understood on the concern?
- How does the method relate particularly to the policy concern?
- Does the analytical strategy fit the concern and the information?
- Is the candidate certified to perform the proposed research study?
To obtain the Research study Fellowship, candidates need to send the following:
- Finished application
- Copy of the passport or other declaration of citizenship
- RÃ©sumÃ© (CV), that includes work history and education. CVs must be no longer than 2 pages
- Evidence of registration at a recognized university for MSc and PhD programs (for trainees)
- Evidence of work at a research study institute or university in Africa (for young academics and experts)
The Research study proposition need to consist of the following parts in one PDF file.
- The proposition story must not be more than 7 pages in length, single-spaced, in 12- point type with 1 ″ margins. Roughly 3 pages must be committed to the issue statement/policy concern, theoretical structure, evaluation of existing literature, and research study concerns. The staying 4 pages must consist of the method, contributions to policy, work strategy, and dissemination strategy. Candidates need to provide a clear and well considered method and the analysis to be done. The quick dissemination strategy must consist of the desired audience and pertinent journals where the research study findings may be sent for publication and expert conferences where the findings may be provided (7 pages optimum).
- The conceptual design( s) that describe the structure or style of the research study (2 pages optimum).
- Contribution to the field to briefly explain the possible contributions this research study will make to the field of youth engagement in agribusiness and rural financial activities in Africa (200 words optimum).
- Referral list. A list of all recommendations consisted of in the text or in the designs. Usage total citations, consisting of titles and all authors. (No page limitation)
- Spending Plan. There is no particular design template for the spending plan. It might be an easy 2-column format or a more complicated spreadsheet.
Applications need to be sent digitally in English or French, by e-mail to [email protected] Application files need to be sent as PDF files. Candidates are motivated to send applications in advance of the due date.
Contact [email protected] if you have concerns relating to the application or submission procedure. All applications will be acknowledged, however just short-listed prospects will be gotten in touch with.
To learn more, go to IITA Research Study Fellowship