Due Date: July 15, 2019
Applications for the IJP George Weidenfeld Bursary 2019 for British and German Reporters are now open. Every year, IJP George Weidenfeld Bursary provides British and German reporters the chance to acquire work experience in the other nation. Delegates operate in British or German newsrooms of their option while likewise looking into stories for their house organisations.
By totally participating in the daily journalism, the individuals will get an important insight into the method the media work in a different way in Germany and in the UK along with they will find out more about politics, economy, culture and the social material of the host nation. The bursary was endowed in1995 5 years later on, it was called after the London-based publisher Lord Weidenfeld of Chelsea.
- Delegates get a swelling amount of 3,800 Euro in order to cover the majority of their travel, lodging and living costs. They are anticipated to utilize their own funds for any additional expenses. Payment for their deal with the host media is not imagined.
- Reporters in between the age of 18 and 40 years who frequently contribute as personnel or freelance reporters to the German or British media can use;-LRB- ***************).
- There is no official language requirement worrying the host language. Nonetheless, it is extremely suggested for German candidates to present proof of fluency in English in their application. British candidates do not need to have any anticipation of German, though they suggest that they begin to prepare themselves to operate in a mainly German language office once the bursary is approved;-LRB- ***************).
- The conferences are mainly carried out in English. IJP put fantastic focus on extensive specific preparation by individuals prior to departure and search for candidates with appropriate interests and proficiency.
All candidates are asked to send out the following files (in English or German language) through email to [email protected]:
- CV, incl. photo
- Recommendation letter by an editor, supporting the application
- 4 composed samples of work (TELEVISION and radio reporters are asked to send out a detailed list of contributions)
- Preferences of host media outlets
If candidates touch with media companies and if they have actually worked for any media company in the host nation, this must be suggested.
For additional information, see IJP George Weidenfeld Bursary