Due Date: July 15, 2019
Applications are open for the IJP German-Central Eastern European Bursary 2019 The program is an unique fellowship for reporters thinking about reporting in the field of environment and energy. The bursary deals this chance for approximately 10 reporters from Germany, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia and Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania with an enthusiasm for environment and energy subjects.
Reporters, who are approved the environment & energy bursary, will get a much deeper and more comprehensive insight into the field and get the chance to work and specialize topically and worldwide alike. They are likewise welcome to pursue a global research study on a typical subject throughout their fellowship.
The scholarship program begins with a thematic initial conference. Consequently, the getting involved reporters will start their remain at their particular journalistic host companies. Reporters from Germany will remain at a host media in among the other nations for the time of the scholarship while the reporters from those nations will invest their time in a media in Germany.
These media are picked by the IJP in factor to consider of the interests, certifications and dreams of the fellows. While being ingrained partially in the workflow of the host media, the scholars will deal with their own journalistic jobs and generally report for media in their house nation. Throughout the 6 to 8 weeks of the stay, the reporters will learn more about the host nation much better, communicate to regional reporters and deepen his/her understanding about environment and energy problems.
The program concludes with a last conference. The individuals are asked to provide a three-page report of their experiences. It must likewise consist of all contributions produced throughout their stay. After the exchange, we motivate the individuals to remain in touch with each other through the IJP alumni network through which they will have the possibility to fulfill a number of IJP’s previous scholars in Germany and more than 40 other nations.
- Each fellow will get a stipend of 3,800 Euro to assist cover travel expenses, lodging and individual expenditures throughout his/her stay. The individual should cover any extra expenses.
- Open to any reporter from the list below nations: Germany, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia and Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania;-LRB- **************).
- They need to be working for any print, radio, online or TELEVISION media (used or freelancer);-LRB- **************).
- Fluency in German or among the other nations’ main languages is not anticipated, though practical for effective application. A minimum of convenient understanding of English is necessary.
Applications need to consist of:
- CV, consisting of photo
- Recommendation letter by an editor or manager, supporting the application
- 4 composed samples of work (TELEVISION and radio reporters are asked to send out a detailed list of contributions)
- Scholars from Germany need to choose 3 media and nations they want to remain and reporters from the other nations need to develop a minimum of 3 possible host media in Germany they would be interested being found at.
For more details, go to IJP German-Central Eastern European Bursary