Due Date: October 31, 2018
ILO welcomes applications for the 2018 Worldwide Media Competitors on Labour Migration and Fair Recruitment. The International Labour Company (ILO) has actually introduced the 4th international media competitors to acknowledge excellent media protection on labour migration. The worldwide competitors focuses on motivating quality reporting on labour migration and recruitment of migrant employees.
The 2018 Worldwide Media Competitors on Labour Migration will be adding to the UN TOGETHER project which has the function of motivating international action in promoting non-discrimination and attending to the issue of increasing xenophobia versus refugees and migrants. All 193 Member States of the United Nations have actually devoted to executing the TOGETHER Project which will run up until completion of 2018, when the UNGA is anticipated to embrace the Worldwide Compact for Safe, Orderly and Routine Migration and the Worldwide Compact for Refugees.
Entries sent ought to attend to either among the following 2 thematic locations:
- Labour migration elements( migrant employees’ contribution to the social and financial advancement of native lands and location, the defense of their labour rights, the acknowledgment of their abilities, their labour market combination, their social defense, migrant employees in an irregular circumstance, their working conditions (especially their earnings, working time and occupational security and health, migrant employees in the casual economy, their trade union rights, required labour, kid labour, and trafficking circumstances); or
- Fair recruitment of migrant employees. Reporters are highly motivated to produce entries that clarified the truths of procedures of recruitment of migrant employees along with on the favorable elements of reasonable and transparent recruitment practices.
An overall of 4 winners (one per classification, per thematic location) will get $1,000 USD each. Winning entries will be included on ILO site and extensively promoted as an example of great journalism.
- Open to Specialist reporters and professional photographers
- Refugees and displaced individuals, where they are used as employees outside their own nations, are thought about migrant employees. As such, submissions covering worldwide migrant employees and refugees (taking part in labour markets outside their own nations) will be accepted.
Expert reporters and professional photographers are welcomed to send an optimum of 2 entries, to any of the following 2 classifications:
- Media reports (online, print posts and radio production)
- Image essay/multimedia
Articles ought to not surpass 8000 words and radio production ought to not be longer than 10 minutes. For the picture essay/multimedia classification, journalists/photographers might send out up to 3 images in addition to a caption. Submissions should have been released in between 1 June 2017 and 31 October 2018 to certify.
- Entries are accepted in 3 languages: English, French, and Spanish. Entries in other languages will be accepted supplied that the candidate provides a loyal translation in among the 3 languages discussed above.
- Winners will be formally revealed on 18 December to mark International Migrants Day.
For more queries, please contact: [email protected]
To get in the competitors, please fill in the online entry kind
For additional information, see ILO Global Media Competitors