Deadline: February 1, 2021
Applications are open for the IMMANA Fellowships 2020/2021 for Emerging Leaders in Agriculture, Nutrition, and Health Research. For 2021-22, IMMANA will award six career development Fellowships to researchers who are validating and applying innovative methods and metrics to measure change and impacts of policy or program interventions in agriculture, nutrition and health in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Proposals will include plans for support from two mentors, one from the applicant’s current or previous employer or academic institution, and one from a host institution where the applicant proposes to advance their work, with at least one of the two being physically located in Africa or Asia.
Fellows will receive the following financial support:
- A fixed stipend of £40,800 paid in quarterly instalments against satisfactory completion of programme milestones.
- A research allowance of £9,000 to cover travel and other fieldwork expenses, also paid as lump sums for achievement of programme milestones.
- An honorarium of £2,100 to each of the Mentors paid in two instalments at mid-term and end of the year, on submission of a satisfactory mentorship report.
- Open to candidates who have completed a doctoral degree in any field related to agriculture, nutrition or health research and practice.
- Fellows conduct their research in Africa or Asia under the joint supervision of two mentors, one from the applicant’s current or previous employer or academic institution, and one from a host institution where the applicant proposes to advance their work.
Applications may be submitted in a two-stage process. Applicants are welcome and encouraged to submit a concept note to confirm eligibility and receive valuable feedback, however it is not required in order to submit a full proposal.
Concept notes should be submitted as soon as possible, on a rolling basis until December 31, 2020. Full proposals must be submitted by February 1, 2021 and selected candidates will be notified by April 16, 2021.