Deadline: November 15, 2021
Applications are invited for the INJAZ Egypt Meet Silicon Valley Program 2021. Meet Silicon Valley is a 10-day intensive acceleration exchange program that is implemented by INJAZ Egypt, in partnership with TechWadi, and sponsored by the U.S. Embassy Cairo.
The program takes high impact Egyptian entrepreneurs on a tour of the Silicon Valley entrepreneurship ecosystem – providing a once in a lifetime opportunity to network with tech executives and investors, entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders/supporters; visit accelerators, co-working spaces and leading tech companies such as Google, Facebook, and Apple; and receive mentorship from TechWadi. Additionally, participants have the ability to gain global exposure for their startups.
As with any exchange program, an objective includes sharing the knowledge learned with others within the community. Therefore, all participants are expected to dedicate agreed upon mentorship hours upon return. These hours can be in the form of panel discussions, workshops, or direct mentoring.
- The program covers a roundtrip flight from Egypt to Silicon Valley, transportation, accommodation, meals and program fees.
- Open to Egyptian Nationals (dual U.S. citizens are not eligible);
- Age 23 – 35;
- Proficient English speaker;
- No previous participation in any U.S. Government funded exchange program;
- Founder of an operating startup/company for at least the past two years;
- Completed or exempted military service;
- Commitment to attend the entire program.
Before applying, make sure that you do not have the intention of immigrating or seeking employment for the coming two years in the United States.
As a program alumni, you are expected to dedicate mentorship hours upon your return, a commitment that INJAZ Egypt values greatly as a way to share your acquired knowledge. Scheduling of mentorship hours will accommodate for your and INJAZ’s needs.
For more information, visit INJAZ Egypt.