Deadline: January 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Innovate Ventures Women Business Accelerator 2021. The Women Accelerator is a 4-week program that selects, offers essential business skills training and funds female-owned startups in Somaliland.
The program has an alumni network of over 50 startups and has invested over $150,000 in the 18 most promising businesses. Innovate Ventures is the leading Somali start-up accelerator and funder. The organization provides training, mentorship, office space, networking, exposure, and investment to startups.
- 4 weeks of intensive training and business mentorship.
- Access to vast networks including leading banks.
- Pitching in front of local and international investors.
- Features in local and international media.
- Equity funding for 4 startups of up to $20,000.
- Open to a woman business owner or woman with a business idea;
- Age 18 – 35 years old;
- Business is based in Somaliland;
- The owners are committed to attending the accelerator program in Hargeisa.
- Complete the application form before January 31, 2021.
- The selected startups will get an invitation to the pre-accelerator bootcamp at the Innovate Ventures offices in Hargeisa by the first week of February.
- The top 12 start-ups from the bootcamp will participate in the 4 weeks accelerator program where they will receive mentorship and business skills training from experienced entrepreneurs.
- At the end of the 4 weeks the start-ups will pitch on Demo Day in front of a jury, media, local and international investors.
- The top 4 startups will receive up to $20,000 in equity investment from Innovate Ventures.
For more information, visit Women Business Accelerator.