Application Due Date: 15 August 2019
The Institut français (head office in Paris) is introducing the 2020 require applications for its residency program at the Cité Internationale des Arts.
This program is meant for foreign artists wanting to establish a research study and production job in Paris, for a duration of 3 or 6 months.Since its production in 1965, theCité Internationale des Arts in Paris has actually hosted artists from all around the world. It uses a home which motivates intercultural discussion, where artists have the possibility to fulfill their audiences and market specialists.
In collaboration with 135 French and global organisations, every month it hosts over 300 artists from all disciplines, generations and strolls of life.
Applications from artists based in Nigeria need to be supported and sent by the Institut français du Nigéria.
IF deal to support the artist’s travel costs just. We will not fund the living and production costs: this needs to be looked after by the artist and/or other cultural partners.
The artist need to:
• be taken part in expert life
• speak French and/or English
• supply proof of previous work
• be independent in the management of the residency
• be devoid of expert responsibilities throughout the duration of the stay
There is no age limitation
FILES TO BE SENT TO: [email protected] @institutfr- nigeria.org
• A brief summary of the job worried
• The artist’s contact details (postal address, email, phone no.) • Information on the job in development
• Details on help and residencies currently acquired in the past
• Details on help to be gotten for this residency (for living and production costs)
• In a connected file, a CV and a quick summary of the CV
• In a connected file, a creative file
• A particular job for the residency, connected file (max. 5 pages)
• 3 photos of the job, in addition to 1 picture of the artist with captions and copyright • A copy of his/her passport
• A signed declaration making sure that the works to be provided are by the artist
• Hyperlinks to audio or video sites for excerpts when required
• Press short articles (optional) Heavy files (creative file, photos) need to be sent out by means of WeTransfer.
Submission of applications to the Institut français du Nigéria (IFN): till 15 August 2019
Pre-selection by the IFN: from August 16 to August 30 2019 (interviews)
Choice committee: September 2019
Alert of outcomes: October 2019
Residencies will happen from the start of January 2020
For Additional Information: