Due Date: July 1, 2019
Applications are open for the Institute of International Education’s Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) Program for Threathened Scholars 2019/2020 The IIE-SRF is the only worldwide program that organizes and funds fellowships for threatened and displaced scholars at partnering college organizations worldwide.
These year-long fellowships support short-term scholastic positions at organizations of greater discovering throughout the world where IIE-SRF fellows can continue their operate in security. For the most part, IIE-SRF fellows are qualified to get a 2nd and last year of fellowship assistance.
- Approximately $25,000 USD readily available to support picked Fellow
- Professors, senior scientists, and public intellectuals from any nation, scholastic field, or discipline might certify;-LRB- ****************).
- Choice is offered to scholars who:.
- Are dealing with or have actually just recently left from instant, extreme, and targeted hazards to their lives and/or professions in their house nations or nations of house;-LRB- ****************).
- Hold a Ph.D. or greatest degree in their field and/or who have comprehensive mentor or research study experience at a university, college, or other organization of greater discovering;-LRB- ****************).
- Demonstrate exceptional scholastic achievement and guarantee;-LRB- ****************).
- Will benefit their house and/or host scholastic neighborhoods.
- They motivate applications from ladies and members of ethnic, racial, cultural, or spiritual minority groups, or those otherwise underrepresented in their fields.
- Applications are evaluated for scholastic credentials, the quality/potential of the candidate’s work, and the intensity of the hazards that the candidate deals with.
Applicants might use straight or might have a 3rd party send application products on their behalf. The needed application products consist of:
- Application coversheet
- Present CV or resume
- Academic declaration: Please supply an extensive declaration detailing your scholastic and expert background and experience, consisting of an extensive description of your scholastic research study interests. Please make certain to consist of a description of the activities that you have actually carried out in your scholastic positions in addition to a description of the activities (research study, mentor, publishing, and so on) you would carry out throughout a fellowship. Please note that scholastic declarations are usually a minimum of one page.
- Individual declaration: Please supply an extensive declaration discussing why you are using to IIE-SRF for assistance. Consist of a clear and comprehensive account of the hazards or threats that you have actually been dealing with, and the factors that you can not continue your operate in your house nation at this time. Please note that individual declarations are usually a minimum of one page.
- 2 (2) academic/professional letters of referral from scholastic and/or expert coworkers who can speak with your research study, publications, mentor, or other innovative scholastic experience. When suitable, letters need to explain your special knowledge and/or contributions to particular intellectual issues/questions.
- 2 (2) individual letters of referral from individuals who understand the troubles that you have actually been dealing with in addition to your expert background.
[IIE-SRF requires a minimum of three (3) reference letters. (Four are generally recommended.) Letters from colleagues both inside and outside of your home country are preferred. Please note that IIE-SRF requires original reference letters. Letters should not use identical text. Each referee should speak to his/her particular knowledge of your academic background and/or circumstances. When possible, please have your referees compose their letters on official letterhead and send them to IIE-SRF directly at [email protected]]
- A copy of your Ph.D. or greater degree
- Samples of your most existing writing or research study publications
- A letter from a recognized organization of greater knowing that might have the ability to host your fellowship ( Not needed)
Please send all application products through e-mail (chosen), fax, or post.
Letters might be dealt with to:
Scholar Rescue Fund
Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York City, New York City 10017-3580
Tel: (U.S.A.) +1-212-205-6486
Fax: (U.S.A.) +1-212-205-6425
Email: [email protected]
To learn more, check out IIE-SRF Fellowships