Deadline: June 30, 2021
Are you an experienced journalist living and working in Africa, Asia or Latin America? Are you passionate about the fascinating world of infectious diseases and international health? Apply for the Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) Journalist-in-Residence Program 2021.
Every year, the Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) in Antwerp welcomes journalists from all over the world to immerse themselves in tropical medicine and public health. Depending on the COVID-19 situation, this year’s eighth edition of the program will be either virtual or (partially) face-to-face.
From 2-3 December, together with the University of Pretoria, ITM’s long-standing partner institution, they will jointly organise their 62nd annual scientific colloquium. For two days, experts from around the world will discuss pressing issues in global health such as (re-)emerging and neglected tropical diseases. As top research priorities, studying (re-)emerging infections and outbreaks and accelerating disease elimination are high on the agenda at their institute.
- If you are selected for this year’s journalist-in-residence program, you will have the opportunity to report extensively about the Colloquium.
- You will get to delve into the subject matter, attend all sessions of the online event and interview world-renowned experts.
- There will also be ample opportunity for other learning experiences, as well as quiet time for reading and independent study.
- Open to experienced journalists living and working in Africa, Asia or Latin America;
- Applicant should be passionate about the fascinating world of infectious diseases and international health.
Will you be the journalist-in-residence 2021? Apply before June 30. Late submissions will not be considered.
For more information, visit Institute of Tropical Medicine.