Due Date: January 31, 2019
Applications for the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Advancement (ICIMOD) Doctoral Fellowship 2019 are open. The ICIMOD look for high calibre PhD trainees to deal with them in much better comprehending the difficulties dealt with by mountain societies and environments in the area and their options.
ICIMOD is not a degree approving institute; they look for trainees who are currently registered in PhD program at certified organizations. ICIMOD will host their research study activities and ICIMOD researchers will co-supervise the PhD fellows. This PhD call concentrates on the research study subjects offered listed below.
Research Study Subjects
ICIMOD is open to particular research study questions/hypotheses within the following broad classifications:
- Air contamination and hardship linkage
- Air contamination effect on human health
- Air quality management and governance in HKH– Organizations and Policies
- Air contamination mitigation and policy
- Air contamination effect on farming efficiency
- Vicious cycle of hardship– direct exposure to contamination– bad health– hardship
- Safe food production
- Environment resistant farming in the mountains
- Community Solutions
- Open biomass burning (forests and farming) and its effect on soil and other environments
- Air contamination effect on environments
- Water and Air
- Trace gas measurement/modelling
- Aerosol measurement/modelling
- Aerosol– cloud/monsoon interactions
- Regional and metropolitan air quality modelling
- Relentless winter season fog over the Indo-Gangetic Plain
- Emission characterization and stock advancement
- Geospatial Solutions
- Comprehending transboundary air contamination utilizing remote picking up methods
- Remote picking up of air contamination over complicated surface
- Information analysis and visualization of chemical transportation designs
- Establishing supporting systems for enhanced predictability of chemical transportation designs
- Comprehending the effect of soaking up aerosols on glacier albedo
- An allowance of USD 1,000 monthly while at ICIMOD or at ICIMOD designated websites
- Non-Kathmandu based PhD Fellows will get an extra USD 200 monthly for lodging
- PhD fellows who are registered at a university beyond Nepal will get compensation for travel expenses sustained when very first taking a trip from and lastly going back to house institute
- Prospects should be resident of among the list below nations: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan; or any global trainee presently studying on the above discussed subjects and particularly concentrated on the HKH area;-LRB- **************).
- Choice will be provided to HUC member organizations;-LRB- **************).
- Needs to be an admitted/registered PhD trainee;-LRB- **************).
- Letter of assistance from PhD Manager and Head of Department need to be supplied;-LRB- **************).
- Letter from the Head of Organization verifying that an ICIMOD researcher will work as co-adviser, committee member, or equivalent is needed when short-listed;-LRB- **************).
- Prospects need to want to operate in an interdisciplinary group and have outstanding analytical, technical, and interaction abilities;-LRB- **************).
- Needs to want to be based at ICIMOD head office or ICIMOD designated websites throughout the duration of the fellowship.
- Each PhD fellow requires to have an ICIMOD researcher serve formally as co-advisor, committee member, or comparable
- Information and understanding items created under this fellowship program undergo ICIMOD’s information policy
- The fellow should be based at ICIMOD head office or ICIMOD designated websites throughout the duration of the fellowship
- The fellowship duration is one year, extendable for a 2nd year topic to the prospect’s remarkable efficiency and spending plan schedule
Applications need to be sent here, together with the following files:
- Letters of assistance from PhD manager and Head of Department accepting ICIMOD conditions discussed above
- Cover letter explaining the inspiration to use, plainly pointing out the thematic location to which they are using
- Initial research study proposition within the wider research study locations discussed above (2– 3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, consisting of info on education, research study experience, and, if suitable, list of publications
To find out more, go to ICIMOD