Due Date: February 8, 2019
The International Court of Justice (ICJ) welcomes applications for the 2019-2020 Judicial Fellows Program The Judicial Fellows Program is meant to offer current law graduates experience operating at the International Court of Justice in The Hague. Prospects are chosen and sponsored by universities from which they have actually finished.
The Program was developed in 1999 to allow current law graduates to get experience operating at the ICJ. It intends to enhance individuals’ understanding of worldwide law and of the Court’s treatments by actively including them in the work of the Court and enabling them to develop on their experience under the guidance of a judge.
Each individual is designated to work for one Judge for a period of 10 months from early September to June/July the list below year. Throughout this duration, individuals can anticipate to go to Court’s public hearings, to research study and compose memoranda to the Judge on legal concerns or accurate elements of pending cases, and to have some other participation in the work of the Court, the details of which will depend upon the Court’s docket and the working approaches of the specific Judge. The work might likewise include helping the Judge with conferences, speeches and other tasks. The individual will work together with a Partner Legal Officer, who is the main legal assistant of each Judge and is used by the United Nations for a duration of 2 to 4 years.
- Each nominating university should accept the duty to supply the stipend, medical insurance and travel expenses to its prospect, if picked;-LRB- **************).
- The Court will assist in visas if essential and supplies working centers, however it does not supply financial backing.
- Election of prospects can just be done by universities;-LRB- **************).
- A university is qualified to use just if.
- Your university devote to choose just prospects who have outstanding lead to their law research studies, and who have actually shown an interest in worldwide law through their research studies, publications or work experience;-LRB- **************).
- Your university devote to supply the chosen prospect, if picked by the Court, a stipend adequate to offer a minimum requirement of lodging and subsistence in The Hague for a duration of 10 months, set at a level that guarantees that s/he can benefit completely from their experience at the Court without the concern of monetary difficulty;-LRB- **************).
- Your university accept to supply medical insurance and travel expense to the prospect, if picked.
Requirements for Prospects
- The Court searches in specific for prospects who have outstanding lead to their law research studies, and who have actually studied, released or operated in worldwide law;-LRB- **************).
- Prospects will normally remain in the early phases of their legal professions (e.g., within 3 years of graduation). Some have useful experience in personal or public practice, consisting of work at another court or worldwide organisation, and/or post-graduate research studies in worldwide law;-LRB- **************).
- The Court looks for variety of citizenship in making the choice.
Universities thinking about sending applications need to click on this link
For more details, see International Court of Justice