Application Deadline: Monday, February 17, 2020
The IIDA Student Design Competition celebrates the talent and fresh design ideas of interior design students throughout the world who are currently enrolled in an interior design program or institution. The competition provides emerging professionals the opportunity to showcase their work and gain exposure in the interior design industry.
The 2020 IIDA Student Design Competition invites you to space plan and design the digestive health clinic described above. The space plan should include all program requirements such as waiting areas, exam rooms, offices, and an infusion therapy suite. The design should facilitate increased efficiency for physicians and create
a seamless patient experience through thoughtful use of architecture, interior design and space planning strategies.
A spa-like feel and amenities seen in hospitality are instrumental in creating a sense of calmness and well-being. The new facility should be flexible and allow for growth due to the changing landscape of healthcare from volume-based care to value-based care.
Submissions should feature a majority (50% or more) from Carolina and OFS. Consider healthcare solutions from these key collections, as well as many others in the Carolina and OFS portfolios: Mile Marker, Modern Amenity, Lasata, Stray, Evergreen, Element, and STAKS. Keep in mind that Carolina and OFS, in addition to its standard products, consistently provide clients with custom and special orders, and there would be no better place than the Digestive Health Clinic to take advantage of those capabilities. Participants are also encouraged to use pieces from other manufacturers when creating their design solutions.
Your project must be submitted digitally through the competition website. Submission to the website will be open from Monday, January 13, 2020, to Monday, February 17, 2020. We recommend working on submissions prior to these dates.
Each submission must include the following:
- Project/contact info (entry form):
• Participant name(s)
• Member ID (if a current member)
• Project title
• Contact info
• 500-word project description outlining why your concept demonstrates the best solution
for the Digestive Health Clinic.
- One (1) 24″ x 36″ digital presentation board in PDF format, file size between 3MB and 10MB, containing:
• One (1) dimensioned floor plan drawn to scale
• One (1) furniture and materials plan
• You may combine the dimensioned floor plan and furniture plans.
• One (1) reflected ceiling plan, created with the assumption that the ceiling is a blank slate
• Two to four (2-4) renderings of the completed space
• Two (2) additional drawings of the space, which can be an elevation, perspective, isometric,
axonometric, or orthographic drawing
Individual JPG file submissions of the ten to twelve (10-12) require drawings/renderings outlined above saved as:
• JPG format
• RGB color mode
• 8.5″ x 11″ minimum dimensions
• 150 minimum dpi resolution (300 dpi preferred)
• File size between 1MB and 10MB
• File name: SDC + initials + year_number (SDCLHH2020_1.jpg)
NOTE: Do not place your name or other identifying information on your JPG file submissions or you may be disqualified.
Call for entry period: Monday, January 13, 2020, to Monday, February 17, 2020
Submission deadline: Monday, February 17, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central
For More Information: