Application Due Date: 31 October 2018
The International Labour Company (ILO) is releasing the 4th worldwide media competitors to acknowledge excellent media protection on labour migration. This year, the competitors concentrates on labour migration and the reasonable recruitment of migrant employees.
The goal is to motivate quality reporting on labour migration and recruitment-related concerns. Such reporting is even more considerable as media frequently promotes a harmful public story based upon misperceptions with regard to citizenship, nationwide origin, gender and migratory status, enhancing bias, intolerance and stigmatization versus migrant employees and their households.
The 2018 International Media Competitors on Labour Migration will be adding to the UN TOGETHER project which has the function of motivating worldwide action in promoting non-discrimination and resolving the issue of increasing xenophobia versus refugees and migrants. All 193 Member States of the United Nations have actually dedicated to executing the TOGETHER Project which will run till completion of 2018, when the UNGA is anticipated to embrace the International Compact for Safe, Orderly and Routine Migration and the International Compact for Refugees.
The 2018 worldwide media competitors on labour migration is arranged by the International Labour Company in cooperation with the International Trade Union Confederation, the International Company of Employers, the Workplace of the High Commissioner for Person Rights, the International Federation of Reporters, Equal Times, Uniformity Center, Person Rights Watch, and Migrant Online Forum in Asia, in addition to the International Training Centre of the ILO. This year’s competitors is arranged with the assistance of the EU moneyed task “International Action to Enhance the Recruitment Structure of Labour Migration ( REFRAME ) and the SDC moneyed task “Integrated Program on Fair Recruitment” ( FAIR )”
Expert reporters and professional photographers are welcomed to send an optimum of 2 entries, to any of the following 2 classifications:
- Media reports (online, print short articles and radio production)
- Image essay/multimedia
Articles must not surpass 8000 words and radio production must not be longer than 10 minutes. For the picture essay/multimedia classification, journalists/photographers might send out up to 3 pictures together with a caption. Submissions should have been released in between 1 June 2017 and 31 October 2018 to certify.
- An overall of 4 winners (one per classification, per thematic location) will get $1,000 USD each. Winning entries will be included on ILO site and commonly promoted as an example of great journalism.
- To get in the competitors, please fill in the online entry kind prior to 31 October 2018(most current 23: 59, Main European Time).
- Entries are accepted in 3 languages: English, French, and Spanish. Entries in other languages will be accepted supplied that the candidate provides a devoted translation in among the 3 languages discussed above.
- Winners will be formally revealed on 18 December to mark International Migrants Day. For more queries, please contact: Labour-Migration-Media-Competition@ilo.org
To Find Out More: