Deadline: September 24, 2020
Applications are invited for the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Youth Fellowship Contest 2020. The 2020 IMF Youth Fellowship Contest gives opportunity to young participants to become part of the global efforts to build forward better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Participants will have a firsthand experience of the IMF virtual Annual Meetings and will be given access to attend virtual training led by IMF experts and media professionals from Politico and others to boost their skills as multimedia storytellers in the current economic environment focusing on building a better future for youth. At the end of the training participants will submit a final piece (blog/article or video) and 4 winners will be chosen to participate in an IMF youth panel discussion and their work will be featured on IMF channels.
- Media and video storytelling training by media experts from Politico.
- Participation in IMF Youth Fellowship training focused on current global economic issues, including economic growth, inequality, Fintech and climate change.
- Access to the Annual Meetings seminars and events.
- Participation in a panel discussion with IMF senior management.
- The winning articles and videos will be featured on IMF.org.
- Applicant should be aged 20 – 32 years;
- Journalists (affiliated to a news/media outlet or working as an independent journalist);
- Content Creators (bloggers/ vloggers with online platforms);
- Communications and development professionals;
- Students can apply.
- Demonstrated knowledge, expertise and creativity in various communications platforms and/or journalism.
- Knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics and development is a plus.
- Degree in communications, journalism, economics, international relations, development or related field is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of English (for the training program and Annual Meetings coverage).
All entries should be submitted by September 24, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (EDT). The IMF will send an e-mail acknowledging receipt to anyone who submits an application.
For more information, visit IMF Youth Fellowship Contest.