Application Due Date: 30 October 2018
IFFR acknowledges the essential value of movie analysis and criticism. That’s why, in 1998, IFRR released the Young Movie Critics student program to support a brand-new generation of young and approaching movie critics.
A group of young and determined expert movie critics from outside the Netherlands are welcomed to come to Rotterdam to cover our celebration. We offer them with the methods to hone their journalistic practice and check out the large landscape of independent movie theater available at IFFR, among the significant global movie celebrations for press, market members and audiences.
The program offers a distinct insight into a broad variety of programs available at our celebration, varying from movies by widely known arthouse auteurs to more speculative and odd cinematic gems and from art setups and efficiencies to talks and movie market conferences.
IFRR Young Critics Student program (5 to 8 prospects every year)
As a student, you belong to the editorial group of the celebration. You will have conferences with skilled movie critics from various backgrounds, cover the celebration for your own journalistic association and become part of the FIPRESCI jury. Obviously you will likewise get to experience the complete pleasure of being at International Movie Celebration Rotterdam. With the altering media landscape in mind, this year’s program will put unique concentrate on prospects with blended skills– beside exceptional composing abilities, experience in (or excellent concepts for) audiovisual, audio or other ingenious modes of journalism are valued.
- You are under 30 years of age.
- Fluent command of the English language (composed and spoken)
- Verifiable experience in movie criticism (print, video, audio or online media) + storyboard or any imaginative type of everyday reporting
- Resolves the following subjects: movie evaluation, celebration evaluation, Movie Market reports and patterns, arts & culture evaluation, masterclasses and talks evaluation
- You’re not yet developed enough to benefit from advantages such as going to global movie celebrations outside your nation
- You have actually made an arrangement( s) with appropriate print and/or online media to release reports on International Movie Celebration Rotterdam 2019.
- Complimentary IFFR 2019 press accreditation
- Spending plan hotel lodging in Rotterdam
- A partial refund of travel expenses when taking a trip from outside Europe
- A complete schedule. IFFR targets at making students completely essential to the celebration and lets them take part in the shipment of everyday celebration outlets. The students will form a group, hosted by the IFFR Press Workplace and the celebration editorial personnel. You get to check out all elements of IFFR (screenings, exhibits, Q&A sessions, masterclasses and talks, arguments, movie market conferences) as part of the program and to cover for your own media.
- If your involvement achieves success and you have actually released reports that fulfill IFFR’s requirements (both in quality and amount), you get the chance to go to the next edition of the celebration as a certified reporter.
How to Use:
To use to the program, send out an e-mail to email@example.com with the following accessories (ideally in one PDF):
- Inspirational letter
- 3 articles/blogs/vlogs or podcasts that represent your work
- Info about your affiliate (flow, copies/page views and so on)
- Suggestion letter
To Find Out More: