Application Due Date: October 1st 2019
A group of young and determined expert movie critics from outside the Netherlands are welcomed to come to Rotterdam to cover our celebration. IFFR supply them with the methods to hone their journalistic practice and check out the broad landscape of independent movie theater available at IFFR, among the significant worldwide movie celebrations for press, market members and audiences.
The program supplies a distinct insight into a broad variety of programs available at our celebration, varying from movies by popular arthouse auteurs to more speculative and unknown cinematic gems and from art setups and efficiencies to talks and movie market conferences.
Student program (5 to 8 prospects every year)
As a student, you become part of the editorial group of the celebration. You will have conferences with knowledgeable movie critics from various backgrounds, cover the celebration for your own journalistic association and belong to IFFR’s editorial personnel. Naturally you will likewise get to experience the complete happiness of being at International Movie Celebration Rotterdam. With the altering media landscape in mind, this year’s program will put unique concentrate on prospects with blended skills– beside exceptional composing abilities, experience in (or terrific concepts for) audiovisual, audio or other ingenious modes of journalism are valued.
- You are under 30 years of age.
- Fluent command of the English language (composed and spoken)
- Verifiable experience in movie criticism (print, video, audio or online media) + storyboard or any innovative kind of everyday reporting
- Resolves the following subjects: movie evaluation, celebration evaluation, Movie Market reports and patterns, arts & culture evaluation, masterclasses and talks evaluation
- You’re not yet developed enough to make money from opportunities such as participating in worldwide movie celebrations outside your nation
- You have actually made an arrangement( s) with appropriate print and/or online media to release reports on Worldwide Movie Celebration Rotterdam 2019.
- Complimentary IFFR 2019 press accreditation
- Budget plan hotel lodging in Rotterdam
- A partial refund of travel expenses when taking a trip from outside Europe
- A complete schedule. IFFR targets at making students totally essential to the celebration and lets them take part in the shipment of everyday celebration outlets. The students will form a group, hosted by the IFFR Press Workplace and the celebration editorial personnel. You get to check out all elements of IFFR (screenings, exhibits, Q&A sessions, masterclasses and talks, arguments, movie market conferences) as part of the program and to cover for your own media.
- If your involvement succeeds and you have actually released reports that fulfill IFFR’s requirements (both in quality and amount), you get the chance to go to the next edition of the celebration as a recognized reporter.
How to Use:
Application for the 2020 edition is now open!
Please send your application to [email protected] with the following connected (as one PDF):
- Inspirational letter
- 3 examples of your released work (video, audio or composed)
- A verification letter of your outlet which will release your work at IFFR 2020
- Info about the outlet (reach, target group and so on)
For Additional Information: