Due Date: October 25, 2018
Elections are open for the IBM PhD Fellowship Program 2019 The IBM PhD Fellowship Program advances strong cooperation in between IBM and professors, trainees and universities by acknowledging and supporting extraordinary PhD trainees who wish to make their mark in appealing and disruptive innovations.
Focus locations consist of the following subjects of specific interest:
- AI/ Cognitive Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Information Science/ Big Data/ Analytics
- Web of things
- Quantum Computing
The 2019 two-year IBM PhD Fellowships are granted worldwide. A fellowship consists of a stipend for 2 scholastic years (2019-2020 and 2020-2021) and, in the United States, an education allowance for many years one (2019-2020).
- In the United States, fellowship receivers while in school will get a stipend for living expenditures, travel, and to go to conferences ($35,000 for 2019-2020 and $35,000 for 2020-2021). United States fellowship receivers will likewise get $25,000 towards their education in 2019-2020
- Outside the United States, fellowship receivers while in school will get a competitive stipend for living expenditures, travel, and to go to conferences for the 2 scholastic years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 Fellowship stipends differ by nation;-LRB- **************).
- All IBM PhD Fellowship recipients will be mentored by an IBMer in order to team up on a research study or innovation task throughout of the award duration and are highly motivated to do an internship throughout the very first or 2nd year of their award.
- Trainees should be chosen by a doctoral professor and should be a full-time trainee in a PhD program over the 2 successive scholastic years of the award or surrender their fellowship;-LRB- **************).
- Trainees need to have 3 years staying in their graduate program at the time of election. For instance, candidates that are registered in a 4 year graduate program need to have finished 2 years of their graduate program since summertime 2019 in order to benefit the most;-LRB- **************).
- Trainees from United States embargoed nations are not qualified for the program;-LRB- **************).
- Award receivers will be picked based upon their total capacity for research study quality, the degree to which their technical interests line up with those of IBM, and their scholastic development to-date, as evidenced by publications and recommendations from their professors consultant and department head;-LRB- **************).
- Trainees getting an equivalent fellowship from another business or organization throughout the exact same scholastic duration might not be qualified for an IBM PhD Fellowship.
For more details, check out IBM PhD Fellowship Program