Application Due Date: September 3, 2019 at 11: 59 PM Eastern time.
Promoting the work and advancing the function of ladies in the news media around the world is important to openness and a variety of voices. The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Reporters, the very first financing effort of its kind, allows the IWMF to considerably broaden its assistance of ladies reporters.
Developed with a $4 million present from the Howard G. Buffett Structure, the Fund will support jobs consisting of academic chances, investigative reporting and media advancement efforts. Financing rounds will open for applications 2 times each year; applications take around 8-10 weeks to procedure after the application closes at the end of August.
The 2nd round of financing for 2019 will be open for online applications from August 1st till September 3rd, 2019 11: 59 pm EST.
The fund was developed to assist ladies reporters by supplying beneficiaries support to:
- Expose under-reported however important international concerns
- Undertake enthusiastic jobs that challenge standard media stories
- Establish field-based proficiency and enhance professions
- Pursue training and management chances
- Introduce entrepreneurial news jobs or obtain the ability to do so
- Woman-identifying reporters from throughout the world are qualified to use.
- Expert journalism should be the candidate’s main occupation.
- Candidates should have 3 or more years of expert journalism experience.
- Groups of reporters might use, nevertheless the submission needs to be from a female reporter and her group should consist of a minimum of 50% ladies.
- Please keep in mind: All responses and files should remain in English. Due to the high volume of applications we can not address concerns by phone. Please examine the application guide and often asked concerns on our site prior to starting this application.
- All application products are due through the online system prior to September 3, 2019 at 11: 59 PM Eastern time.
For Additional Information: