Deadline: July 3, 2020
The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is hiring Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. IPPF is a leading sexual and reproductive health (SRH) service delivery organization, and the leading sexual and reproductive health and rights advocacy voice.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M & E Officer) undertakes to set up all monitoring and evaluation systems of the EU Gender project. The position supports monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project; assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS; assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Support all M&E initiatives including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary
- Provides monitoring and evaluation (M&E) services and documentation of EU Gender project results
- Support EU Gender project coordinator and management in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time
- Assists management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets throughout project implementation
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting
- Develop and strengthen planning, monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Monitor all EU Gender project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the projected outputs
- Develop output, outcome and impact indicators for the project success
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results
- Provide feedback to the management on project strategies and activities
- Suggest strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying shortcomings in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such shortcomings
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project
- Routinely monitor the programme implementation and performance of EU grants both at country and Africa Regional Office levels
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to management
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist management in preparing relevant reports
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project
- Assist in project coordination to ensure effective implementation of M&E systems
- Undertake other related duties in accordance with instructions from the EU Gender project management.
- Salary will be negotiated depending on the candidate’s experience and skills for the position.
- Applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Public Health, Health Economics or related field of study.
- Have 3-5 years’ Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Ability to produce high-quality briefs and reports in English (and French).
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Good project management skills
- Good project/programme monitoring and evaluation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – articulate, tactful and diplomatic
- Good research, analysis and report writing skills
- Good written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Good budgeting and financial skills
- Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to take initiative
- Willing to travel extensively, at country level and internationally
- Subscribe to IPPF’s vision and values including respect of diversity, inclusiveness, social justice and accountability
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.
For more information, visit IPPF Jobs.