Due Date: August 28, 2019
Applications are open for the Ireland-Africa Fellows Program 2020/2021 The objectives of the Ireland-Africa Fellows Program are to support future African leaders, females and males, to establish in-country capability to attain nationwide SDG objectives, and to construct favorable relationships in between Ireland and Africa.
Through the program, early profession expert females and males, with management capacity, from qualified nations will get pertinent postgraduate research study chances in Irish college organizations. On conclusion of their research studies, graduates will have obtained pertinent abilities and understanding and be much better capacitated and placed to affect the development of nationwide social, financial and advancement concerns. Promoting females’s management capability will be a top priority. On return, graduates are anticipated to resume work and put their obtained abilities into great usage for the advantage of their house nations
The program uses picked trainees the chance to carry out a fully-funded 1 year master’s program at a distinguished college organization (HEI) in Ireland. Qualified master’s courses in Ireland begin in August or September each year and, depending upon the course, will run for in between 10 and 16 months. The Program promotes level playing field and invites variety.
- The award covers course costs, flights, and lodging and living expenses.
- Be a resident nationwide of among the list below nations: Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Have a minimum of 2 or 3 years’ pertinent work experience (this can consist of internships and offering positions), depending upon the nation (information offered in the application).
- Hold a bachelor’s level scholastic certification from a recognized and government-recognised college organization, with a minimum grade point average of 75%– i.e. a very first class honour, or 2nd class honour, Grade 1 (in many cases a 2nd class honour Grade 2 might be accepted).
- Not currently hold a certification at master’s level or greater.
- Be using to begin a brand-new course at master’s level in Ireland no quicker than August/September 2020.
- Have the ability to show management capabilities and goals, in addition to dedication to the accomplishment of the SDGs within your own nation.
- Have actually recognized and picked 2 pertinent courses from the Ireland-Africa Fellows Program Directory Site of Qualified Courses.
- Have a clear understanding of the scholastic and English language efficiencies needed for both courses selected.
- Needs to not have actually requested any Irish Help Fellowship program on more than one previous celebration.
- Remain in a position to use up the scholarship in the scholastic year 2020/2021
Please check out the Applicants Assistance Note thoroughly prior to finishing as eligibility requirements might vary from nation to nation.
The application procedure includes 3 phases:
- Phase 1 Initial Application;-LRB- **************).
- Phase 2 Comprehensive Application;-LRB- **************).
- Phase 3 Interviews.
All candidates who are picked to move forward to 2nd phase will be needed to sit an IELTS examination, unless they are currently in belongings of an IELTS certificate that is dated 2018 or later on at the time of application which reveals the candidate has actually accomplished the essential rating for the course they plan to use to. Early preparation for the IELTS examination is highly encouraged, even for native English speakers.
To find out more, go to Ireland-Africa Fellows