Due Date: October 31, 2018
IREX is presently accepting applications for the 2019–2020 Neighborhood Solutions Program The Neighborhood Solutions Program (CSP) is a year-long expert advancement program for individuals who are working to enhance their neighborhoods by attending to concerns associated with the environment, tolerance and dispute resolution, openness and responsibility, and ladies and gender.
For 2019–2020, approximately 80 neighborhood activists will be chosen to take part in the program, that includes:
- Four-month Fellowship in the United States: Neighborhood Solutions fellows are matched to host companies throughout the United States where they finish a four-month, hands-on expert experience.
- Neighborhood Management Institute: Neighborhood Solutions fellows take part in the Neighborhood Management Institute, a management training program developed to enhance their management and management abilities. The Institute consists of in person trainings, online courses, expert training, and networking.
- Community-based efforts: While in the United States and with the aid of their U.S. host company, Neighborhood Solutions fellows style and prepare a neighborhood advancement effort or task to perform after they return house. As soon as the fellows leave the United States, they put these tasks into action in their house neighborhoods.
The program covers the expense of a lot of expenditures related to:
- J-1 visa assistance;-LRB- **************).
- Round-trip travel from individuals’ house city to the United States;-LRB- **************).
- Month-to-month allowance to cover real estate, meals, and other living expenditures while in the United States; and
- Mishap and illness insurance coverage.
To be qualified for the Neighborhood Solutions Program, candidates should fulfill the requirements noted below. Applications that do not fulfill these eligibility requirements will be disqualified and will not be examined by the choice committee.
- You are in between the ages of 25 and 38 since January 1, 2019;-LRB- **************).
- You are a resident of among the qualified nations noted below;-LRB- **************).
- You are living and operating in your house nation;.
- People with refugee status dealing with behalf of their house neighborhood might be provided unique factor to consider.
- You have at least 2 years of experience dealing with neighborhood advancement, either as a full-time or part-time staff member or volunteer;-LRB- **************).
- You are not presently taking part in a scholastic, training, or research study program in the United States;-LRB- **************).
- You have a high level of efficiency in spoken and composed English at the time of application;.
- Semifinalists will be needed to take or send current ratings for a TOEFL or IELTS English language test.
- You are readily available to take a trip to the United States for 4 months from August to December 2019;-LRB- **************).
- You are not a resident or long-term homeowner of the United States and have not made an application for U.S. long-term residency within the previous 3 years;-LRB- **************).
- You are qualified to get a U.S. J-1 visa;.
- Applicants who have actually taken part in an exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Federal government should have satisfied their two-year house residency requirement.
- You are dedicated to going back to your house nation for a minimum of 2 years after finishing the program; and
- You are not an existing IREX staff member or expert, or their instant relative.
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- East Asia and the Pacific: Burma, Brunei, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories.
- South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay.
Applications should be sent online at https://oas.irex.org/csp by October 31, 2018, at 11: 59 p.m. EDT. Applications that are sent by mail, faxed, or e-mailed to IREX will not be accepted.
For additional information, check out IREX