Application Due Date: October 31, 2018, at 11: 59 p.m. EDT.
The Neighborhood Solutions Program (CSP) is a year-long expert advancement program for individuals who are working to enhance their neighborhoods by dealing with problems associated with the environment, tolerance and dispute resolution, openness and responsibility, and ladies and gender.
For 2019–2020, as much as 80 neighborhood activists will be picked to take part in the program, that includes:
- Four-month Fellowship in the United States: Neighborhood Solutions fellows are matched to host companies throughout the United States where they finish a four-month, hands-on expert experience.
- Neighborhood Management Institute: Neighborhood Solutions fellows take part in the Neighborhood Management Institute, a management training program created to reinforce their management and management abilities. The Institute consists of in person trainings, online courses, expert training, and networking.
- Community-based efforts: While in the United States and with the assistance of their U.S. host company, Neighborhood Solutions fellows style and prepare a neighborhood advancement effort or task to perform after they return house. As soon as the fellows leave the United States, they put these jobs into action in their house neighborhoods.
The program covers the expense of a lot of costs connected with:
- J-1 visa assistance;-LRB- **************).
- Round-trip travel from individuals’ house city to the United States;-LRB- **************).
- Regular monthly allowance to cover real estate, meals, and other living costs while in the United States; and
- Mishap and illness insurance coverage.
To be qualified for the Neighborhood Solutions Program, candidates should fulfill the requirements noted below. Applications that do not fulfill these eligibility requirements will be disqualified and will not be evaluated by the choice committee.
- You are in between the ages of 25 and 38 since January 1, 2019;-LRB- **************).
- You are a resident of among the qualified nations noted below;-LRB- **************).
- You are living and operating in your house nation;.
- People with refugee status dealing with behalf of their house neighborhood might be offered unique factor to consider.
- You have at least 2 years of experience dealing with neighborhood advancement, either as a full-time or part-time worker or volunteer;-LRB- **************).
- You are not presently taking part in a scholastic, training, or research study program in the United States;-LRB- **************).
- You have a high level of efficiency in spoken and composed English at the time of application;.
- Semifinalists will be needed to take or send current ratings for a TOEFL or IELTS English language test.
- You are readily available to take a trip to the United States for 4 months from August to December 2019;-LRB- **************).
- You are not a resident or irreversible citizen of the United States and have not obtained U.S. irreversible residency within the previous 3 years;-LRB- **************).
- You are qualified to get a U.S. J-1 visa;.
- Applicants who have actually taken part in an exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Federal government should have satisfied their two-year house residency requirement.
- You are dedicated to going back to your house nation for a minimum of 2 years after finishing the program; and
- You are not an existing IREX worker or specialist, or their instant member of the family.
Qualified nations by area
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana, Guinea, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- East Asia and the Pacific: Burma, Brunei, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories.
- South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Jamaica, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay.
NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES PROGRAM TIMELINE
- September 19, 2018: Application opens
- October 31, 2018 by 11: 59 p.m. EST: Application due date
- November– December 2018: Applications evaluated by choice committee
- December 14, 2018: Candidates alerted if picked as a semifinalist
- December 14– 30, 2018: Semifinalists total online interviews
- January 2019: Semifinalist interviews evaluated by choice committee
- February– April 2019: Finalists and alternates take English language tests as required
- March 1, 2019: Candidates alerted if picked as a finalist or alternate
- June 2019: Pre-departure orientation
- August 2019: Individuals take a trip to the United States and take part in the Welcome Orientation
- August– December 2019: Individuals finish a four-month practicum at a U.S.-based host company
- December 2019: Individuals take part in completion of Program Workshop then go back to their house nations
- December 2019– June 2020: Individuals finish their community-based efforts
Applications should be sent online at https://oas.irex.org/csp by October 31, 2018, at 11: 59 p.m. EDT. Applications that are sent by mail, faxed, or e-mailed to IREX will not be accepted.
Comprehensive application guidelines can be downloaded by the link listed below. Please evaluate the program requirements prior to beginning an application to guarantee that you are qualified. Please note that eligibility requirements are identified by the United States Department of State and exceptions can not be made. If, after evaluating the application guidelines, you have extra concerns, please email email@example.com
For Additional Information: