Application Deadline: Saturday, 20 October 2018 (Central African Time).
Iso Lomso fellowships provide an exceptional early career opportunity for Africa’s brightest minds in academia. Iso Lomso means ‘the eye of tomorrow’ in isiXhosa: seeing towards the future, laying the foundations for tomorrow. The third call for applications is now open.
To be eligible applicants must:
• be a national of any African country;
• be born after the 1st of January 1977;
• have an affiliation at a research or higher education institution in an African country, and
continue to do so for the foreseeable future;
• have obtained a doctoral degree from any recognised higher education institution (worldwide) after the 1st of January 2012;
• have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD research programme;
- be in a position to commence a first period of residency at STIAS during the second half
of 2019 or the first half of 2020
Iso Lomso Fellows enjoy:
- a three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a long-term research programme;
- the possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere;
- funding to attend up to three international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world;
- support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS;
- lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.
The programme is aimed at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa. Candidates should have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme. All disciplines are considered.
- Applications may be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end
of Saturday, 20 October 2018 (Central African Time). For entries by postal service, courier or facsimile, please contact the STIAS Programme Manager in advance by email or telephone to confirm delivery arrangements.
For More Information: