Due Date: February 15, 2019
Applications are open for Issue Worldwide’s National NGO Program on Humanitarian Management: NNPHL.6 Training Course! The National NGO Program on Humanitarian Management is an ingenious training program that makes use of ingenious pedagogies to integrate an extensive scholastic curriculum with useful experiential knowing consisting of mentorship and specific tasks.
The program, moneyed by the Workplace of U.S. Foreign Catastrophe Support ( OFDA) and arranged in collaboration with International Medical Corps ( IMC) and the Harvard Humanitarian Effort ( HHI) and with technical assistance from Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health.
About the Program
NNPHL.6: Focusing on individuals from Africa, the in-person extensive training will occur in East Africa (place TBD), July 7–12,2019
NNPHL is created for extraordinary humanitarian experts working for non-governmental or community-based companies in humanitarian settings. The perfect individual will desire handle decision-making and management duties in the humanitarian sector.
By the end of this finding out procedure, NNPHL individuals will have the abilities, understanding, and self-confidence to handle management duties within a range of humanitarian companies, eventually enhancing the shipment of services to those in requirement of humanitarian help.
NNPHL is a mixed knowing program, which needs an in-person in addition to a remote time dedication. Effective candidates for NNPHL will be needed to:
- Travel to the designated place for the in-person training course for roughly five/six days
- Total course pre-requisites and take part actively in all range knowing activities, tentatively arranged for a five-month duration. We anticipate a typical time dedication of 1-2 hours every week. Please note that individuals who do not participate in the range finding out environment will not be welcomed to the in-person course and will not have the ability to continue with the program.
- Take part in a training program; each individual will be designated a coach who will supply training sessions for roughly 4 months. We anticipate a typical time dedication of 1-2 hours monthly.
- Total the NNPHL Projects. The time dedication for the 2 specific tasks will differ from participant-to-participant as it is based upon his/her self-selected tasks.
Training elements for the program consist of:
- In-person management training course
- Range knowing
- Experiential knowing
- Expenses needed to take part in the regionally-based, NNPHL management training courses (i.e., course charges, visa cost, round-trip flight to the in-person training place, lodging and meals throughout the in-person training just) will be covered by NNPHL.
- Please keep in mind that any incidental expenses are the sole duty of the NNPHL individual (i.e.telephone use, extra food cost, and so on), and NNPHL does not supply a daily.
NNPHL is created for excellent, mid-level profession humanitarian experts working for non-governmental or community-based companies in humanitarian settings. All individuals of NNPHL will fulfill a basic set of minimum requirements:
- Needs to have a shown interest in pursuing management functions in the humanitarian sector
- Needs to have the ability to speak, check out, and compose English with efficiency
- Needs To have a Bachelor’s degree or a similar scholastic or expert credentials
- Needs to be readily available to take part in the course which starts April 2019 and will conclude in October2019 (consisting of the in-person training, range knowing and experiential knowing)
- Needs to have the consent of your company to take part in all elements of the program
- Needs to have reached a mid-level position in a non-governmental or community-based company
- Experience in a minimum of several humanitarian emergency situation circumstances
- Needs to desire handle management functions in and have a dedication to the humanitarian sector
- Needs to have a passport that stands for a minimum of 6 months after the date of the in-person training course
- Needs to not be registered or actively taking part in a Master’s Degree program of PhD program throughout the time of the training course
Please keep in mind that expatriate personnel are not qualified for NNPHL mixed knowing courses, nor are experts operating at UN companies or federal government associated companies. Nevertheless, the upcoming NNPHL E-Learning Course will be readily available to everybody at no charge.
- With a concentrate on enhancing the management capability of nationwide level personnel, NNPHL will focus on prospects dealing with nationwide NGOs and community-based companies. A minimal variety of areas will be readily available for nationwide personnel operating at global NGOs.
- For each local workshop, NNPHL will focus on candidates from the matching area. Please check out the Eligibility Requirements above and make sure that you fulfill the requirements prior to using.
- Please keep in mind that expatriate personnel are not qualified for NNPHL mixed knowing courses, nor are experts operating at UN companies or federal government associated companies. Nevertheless, the upcoming NNPHL E-Learning Course will be readily available to everybody at no charge.
- NNPHL has a dedication to keeping a gender balance for each version of the course, and guaranteeing that ladies have actually enhanced access to management training. Because of that we specifically motivate ladies humanitarian experts to get the program.
- The online application does not permit you to conserve your work and go back to the application at a later time. Partial applications will not be thought about so make certain you address every concern. We advise that you copy the short-answer essay concerns listed below and conserve them on a Word file. When you are prepared to send your application, copy and paste your responses to the online application.
- 2 supporting files are needed and need to be sent at the time of application: 1) a resume, and 2) a letter of recommendation from your existing or newest supervisor highlighting your viability to take part in NNPHL.
If you are having problem accessing the online type, you might download the NNPHL.6 Word Application 2019 and send the total type with appropriate accessories to [email protected] with the subject line Application.
For more details, check out National NGO Program