Due Date: March 21, 2019
Applications for the IWMF Adelante Reporting Grant Fellowship 2019 are now open. Adelante is the IWMF’s Latin America reporting effort that looks for to lower the gender space in the area by providing ladies reporters the chances and abilities to enhance their voices and to advance in their professions.
As part of the IWMF’s Latin America reporting effort, Adelante, twelve reporters will take a trip to Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula, Honduras from May 28 to June 14,2019 All reporting fellows will start their journey in Mexico City, where they will finish an extensive security and emergency treatment training from May 28 to June 1,2019 Fellows will then divide into 2 groups to begin the very first 5 days of reporting in Tegucigalpa or San Pedro Sula from June 2-7. On June 8, the 2 groups of fellows will change areas for the last 5 days of reporting that will happen from June 9-14
Fellows will have the chance to network with other reporters, report collaboratively with their colleagues and peers, and gain access to a range of sources and websites associated with their reporting. The expediency of journeys beyond the base areas in Honduras will be examined on a case-by-case basis and figured out by IWMF security procedures. Any travel should be within a three-hour radius of the base areas.
- The IWMF organizes travel and in-country logistics for all fellows;-LRB- **************).
- The IWMF likewise covers fellowship-related expenses within the structure of the reporting journey consisting of travel, visa charges, accommodations, meals and fixers/interpreters, unless a picked reporter’s wire service wants to presume these expenses;-LRB- **************).
- Fellows living outside the U.S. are accountable for obtaining all needed visas for which they will be repaid at the conclusion of the fellowship.
All group candidates should satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- Associated or independent women-identifying reporters with 3 (3) or more years of expert experience operating in news media. Internships do not count towards expert experience;-LRB- **************).
- Women-identifying reporters of all citizenships are welcome to use;-LRB- **************).
- Non-native English speakers should have exceptional composed and spoken English abilities in order to totally take part in and take advantage of the program;-LRB- **************).
- Candidate should have the ability to reveal evidence of interest from an editor or have a tested performance history of publication in popular media outlets.
To find out more, check out IWMF