Due Date: September 3, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the 2nd round of the IWMF Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Reporters 2019 Promoting the work and advancing the function of females in the news media around the world is crucial to openness and a variety of voices.
The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Reporters, the very first financing effort of its kind, allows the IWMF to considerably broaden its assistance of females reporters. Developed with a $4 million present from the Howard G. Buffett Structure, the Fund will support tasks consisting of academic chances, investigative reporting and media advancement efforts.
The fund was developed to assist females reporters by supplying beneficiaries support to:
- Expose under-reported however crucial worldwide problems
- Undertake enthusiastic tasks that challenge standard media stories
- Establish field-based proficiency and enhance professions
- Pursue training and management chances
- Introduce entrepreneurial news tasks or get the ability to do so
- Woman-identifying reporters from throughout the world are qualified to use.
- Expert journalism should be the candidate’s main occupation.
- Candidates should have 3 or more years of expert journalism experience.
- Groups of reporters might use, nevertheless the submission should be from a female reporter and her group should consist of a minimum of 50% females.
For additional information, check out IWMF