Due Date: December 31, 2018
Applications are open for the IWMF Reporting Grants 2019 The IWMF is delighted to support reporting of unknown stories surrounding Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice in the Americas.
This brand-new financing effort is concentrated on concerns that affect females and women’ lives in the area, consisting of abortion and birth control gain access to, maternal health, reproductive health policy and abortion restrictions. More than 97% of females of reproductive age in Latin America and the Caribbean reside in nations with limiting abortion laws.
In 2018, the IWMF ran its very first worldwide reporting fellowship to El Salvador and the Dominican Republic, 2 of the 6 nations with overall abortion restrictions in the area. Getting involved reporters reported on the status of females’s health and reproductive rights to draw worldwide attention to these crucial concerns. Through the Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice in the Americas effort, the IWMF will continue to run worldwide reporting journeys and to money reporting grants for females reporters.
- Grants will generally vary from $1,000 to $10,000, however financing will differ depending upon the requirement, scope, and area of the task. Grant funds might be utilized to cover travel and logistics, security expenses, insurance coverage, and other reporting expenditures.
The reporting fellowship is open to people and to sets of reporters. All candidates should satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
- Females and female-identifying reporters from throughout the world might use.
- Expert Journalism should be the candidate’s main occupation.
- Candidates should have 3 (3) or more years of expert journalism experience. Internships do not count towards expert experience.
- Candidates should have the ability to reveal evidence of interest from an editor or have a tested performance history of publication in popular media outlets.
- Applicants might use in English or Spanish, however English is highly chosen.
To find out more, go to IWMF