Due Date: April 21, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the IWMF Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories 2019 The Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories is a financing effort supporting journalism produced by and about females.
In a period of increased globalization, the requirement for different protection of gendered subjects is crucial to a totally free and representative press. These grants support reporting on unknown stories surrounding problems that affect females and women’ every day lives worldwide. Through programs, fellowships, and grants the IWMF empowers females reporters with the training, assistance, and network to end up being leaders in the news market.
The IWMF acknowledges that promoting the work and advancing the function of females in the news media is crucial to openness which females reporters stay underrepresented in both media companies and bylines throughout the world. Subsequently, stories about females and the problems that impact their lives stay seriously underreported. The IWMF’s Reporting Grants on Women’s Stories effort empowers reporters to gain access to unknown stories through brand-new ways of financing that stresses gender well balanced reporting.
- Grants will balance $5,000 USD.
- Grants will be granted to cover reporting-related expenses consisting of travel (flights, ground transport, chauffeurs), logistics, visa costs, and payment for fixers/translators.
- Ladies reporters from throughout the world and who are presently working as reporters can make an application for assistance;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates need to have 3 or more years of expert work experience and need to presently be working as a reporter with journalism as their main occupation;-LRB- **************).
- Groups of reporters might use, nevertheless the submission needs to be from a female reporter and your group need to consist of a minimum of 50% females;-LRB- **************).
- Personnel reporters and groups of personnel reporters within wire service are qualified to make an application for financing, however these grants will offer unique factor to consider to freelance reporters.
To find out more, see IWMF Reporting Grants