Application Due Date: 11: 59 pm GMT on October 1, 2019
JA Africa and Facebook Inc. reveal the launch of the 2019 Out Of School Youth (OOSY) Business of the Year Competitors The JA Africa Business of the Year (COY) Competitors is JA Africa’s flagship occasion to commemorate the entrepreneurial accomplishments of youths from throughout Africa, who have actually finished the in-school JA Business Program ® OR a JA entrepreneurship program for out of school youth (OOSY).
Through credentials rounds at the nationwide level, finalists make the chance to complete at the local level, where they are examined by a panel of independent judges drawn from a cross-section of well-regarded occupations.
The style of this year’s occasion is “Triggering Disruptors.” We are motivating youths to establish concepts that will interfere with existing markets and motivate them to produce brand-new organisation designs.
Classification 1: Business owned by JA alumni from any of the nations where JA operates in Africa. This entrant classification is just qualified for the First and Second location rewards (see reward information in competitors standards).
Classification 2: Startup/early phase business (1-3years old) owned by any African youth in between ages 16-30 This entrant classification is just qualified for the Facebook Digital Marketing Reward (see reward information in competitors standards).
1 st Location: Business owned by JA alumni from any of the nations where JA operates in Africa. Winner will get a prize money of $1,000 and an all-expenses-paid journey to Accra, Ghana from December 4-6, 2019
second Location: Business owned by JA alumni from any of the nations where JA operates in Africa. Winner will get a prize money of $800
Digital Media Marketing: Startup/early phase business (1-3 years of ages) owned by any African youth in between ages 16-30 Winner will get a prize money of $500 and Facebook Advertisement credits
Eligibility and Entry
The 2019 out of school competitors is open to (1) business owned by JA alumni from any of the nations where JA operates in Africa and (2) startup/early phase business (1-3 years of ages) owned by any African youth in between ages 16-30
The main language of the competitors is English.
Facebook Plan Courses
Business should finish 10 necessary Facebook Plan courses (links listed below), which will
take them on a knowing journey, from novice to intermediate, about digital marketing.
- Starting with the Facebook Household of Apps and Providers
- Intro to Facebook Pages
- Promote your Company from your Facebook Page
- Reach your Audience on Facebook Platforms
- Intro to Instagram
- Instagram for Company
- Starting with Messenger for your Company
- Brand Name Best Practices
- Winning with Video on Mobile
- Enhance Imaginative for Mobile Intermediate
To enter this competitors, Business should finish the following actions:
1) Total and send certificates for 10 necessary Facebook Plan Courses (course links supplied in the competitors standards record listed below)
2) Total Business Profile Survey (begin application listed below)
3) Create/Have an active Facebook Company Page
4) Produce a 2-minute Video Ad that efficiently utilizes a minimum of one Facebook tool (Legend, Boomerang, Videoshop)
To Find Out More: