Due Date: January 15, 2019
The Jamal Khashoggi– Award for Brave Journalism 2019 is now open.
Hazards, attacks, federal government injustice, a persistent glass ceiling, allegations of phony news and a growing skepticism of the media all threaten press liberty around the globe. Reporters typically feel the best force of these attacks. In truth, a minimum of 49 reporters have actually been eliminated for their work up until now in 2018.
Jamal Khashoggi Award (” JKA”) for Brave Journalism reveals individuals that reporters are not going to step aside, can not be silenced, and be worthy of to be acknowledged for their strength in the face of hardship. The Award honors the brave reporters who expose abuse of power and corruption, share tough realities, talk about taboo subjects, and operate in hostile environments. The JKA likewise acknowledges the leaders who tore down barriers to make it possible for individuals all over the world to discover their voices and make themselves heard. For real Democracy to work, there need to be a Free Press and we request for your assistance.
The Jamal Khashoggi Award grants by Inti Raymi Fund will support 5 investigative journalistic tasks with an optimum quantity of 5000 U.S. dollars each; to cover out-of-pocket expenditures such as travel, file collection, and devices leasing.
- Freelance or completely utilized private reporters, or little groups of reporters can use.
- Candidates need to be released reporters with a minimum of 2 years expert experience and a performance history of previous publications.
- ** Applicants without any experience might be thought about.
- Reporters who are not older than 35 years and who live and work as reporters are qualified to take part till the 15 th January 2019.
- Brief Bio (In 200 words or less)
- Why do you believe you are the ideal individual to get the “Jamal Khashoggi Award for bold journalism? (In 200 words or less)
- Title of your examination
- Summary (In 500 words or less, summarize your proposed examination).
- Grant Proposition (Your grant proposition ought to discuss the concern your examination looks for to address, why you think about the job to be investigative in nature, what is brand-new– particularly if the subject has actually gotten some protection– your reporting strategy and possible effect. Be as particular as possible). Do not go beyond 1000 words.
- Budget plan (Your approximated spending plan must make a list of expenditures of reporting such as travel, file charges, devices leasings, and little stipends). Determine other sources of financing (if appropriate).
- Work Sample (Call 3 released pieces that you are especially happy with). Hyperlinks with a quick description suffice.
- Recommendations (Get in names, associations, and contact info for 2 recommendations a minimum of.) Do not send referral letters.
- Publisher, Outlet (Optional) (What is the publisher or outlet vows its dedication to release your examination?). If appropriate now.
- Has the candidate got any grants or awards in the last 5 years? Inform us more. Do not go beyond 200 words
- Expected start and conclusion date. Continuous examination tasks are accepted.
- How did you become aware of JKA?
Please send your responses, along with your curriculum vitae (CV) in tabular type in a single PDF file connected to an email to [email protected]
To find out more, go to Jamal Khashoggi Award