Deadline: November 15, 2018
Are you engaged on one thing that you simply assume might reshape media or journalism in South Africa? Do you’ve gotten abilities you possibly can apply to creating nice new media? Do you’ve gotten the power and dedication to create one thing nice? Apply for theJamLab Accelerator Program 2019.
JamLab is Africa’s first journalism and media accelerator and innovation lab. The six-month hothouse accelerator program for journalism and media innovators presents a novel alternative to fast-track your initiative. It would offer you the instruments, amenities, contacts, and assist mandatory to understand your concepts and ambitions. The 2019 program will run on the new Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct in Braamfontein, Johannesburg from January till June.
Chosen groups will obtain:
- Free workspace and membership on the Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct co-working area in Braamfontein
- Mentorship and training from skilled media, start-up and tech specialists and entrepreneurs
- Intensive “Creating the Media” certificates course on media entrepreneurship at Wits
- Entry to software program growth specialists
- Alternatives to fulfill and pitch to potential traders and funders
- A six-month fellowship at Wits Journalism (together with entry to library and college providers)
- Open to innovators with an amazing thought and the dedication to create and maintain a brand new journalism or media enterprise;
- Innovators who lead an current journalism or media enterprise that they need to develop and develop. Organizers see an thrilling new ‘different media’ creating in Johannesburg and in South Africa and are eager to assist and assist develop it;
- Beginning or rising a brand new enterprise is difficult work so organizers encourage individuals to use as a group of no less than two people who find themselves in a position to commit all or a considerable majority of their time to their mission. Bigger groups are additionally welcomed;
- This system relies on a major quantity of face-to-face interplay so candidates should be capable of be Johannesburg-based for the interval of the Fellowship;
- Organizers will probably be searching for to make sure that JamLab addresses historic inequalities of alternatives in South Africa and that those that are chosen are a various group of people that perceive and need to interact the widest vary of South African audiences;
- They’re particularly eager to see ladies and girls led groups apply.
Full thisbrief software typeto seize your particulars and ensure your eligibility and skill to take part.
You’ll be requested to write down a brief pitch setting out your thought for a brand new journalism start-up or describing your current enterprise and your concepts for rising and creating it additional. Embrace on this pitch why and the way your enterprise is innovating within the area. Additionally, you will be requested to supply brief resumes of your key group, together with a line on each’s position within the enterprise.
For extra data, go toJamLab Accelerator.