Due Date: July 22, 2019
Applications are open for Jennifer Ward Oppenheimer Research Study Grant 2019 for African-born researchers within 7 years of their PhD whose research study addresses appropriate, real-world African concerns. The Jennifer Ward Oppenheimer Research study Grant was developed to honour the late Mrs Jennifer Ward Oppenheimer and continue her substantial contribution to and enthusiasm for Africa, the environment, and science.
The Jennifer Ward Oppenheimer Research study Grant looks for to support emerging, African-led, ingenious research study that will add to the development of ecological and allied sciences; and address appropriate, realworld, African concerns of present and future value. They specify significance in regards to internationally and continentally acknowledged ecological top priorities such as those discovered within the Sustainable Advancement Objectives and the African Union’s Program 2063 and Continental Frameworks.
A grant of $150,000 will be granted ANNUALLY, to one effective candidate. The grant will support a research study task or program of as much as 3 years. Each year, there will be a require brand-new applications1, and the grant recipient will be revealed at the Oppenheimer Research Study Conference. The funds will be dispersed in concurred tranches, based upon acceptable development as determined versus concurred turning points.
The lead candidate need to be an emerging and African-born researcher connected, at the time of application submission, to a reputable African organization. In addition, the proposed research study needs to be African focussed.
- candidate should hold a degree (PhD, comparable or greater credentials), or anticipate to acquire their degree by the time financing begins, and need to run out than 7 years work and/or research study experience post degree.
- born in Africa, nevertheless can be living beyond the continent
- shown capability to handle financing and signs up for great monetary grant practice
- scholastic organization, research study organization, federal government organization, NGO, for-profit organisation
Formerly financed research study not qualified.
Unique factor to consider will be offered to empirical research study that:
- Advances the frontiers of understanding within the picked field.
- Assists in options to African difficulties.
- Shows ingenious methods and methods.
- Shows clinical rigour and quality.
- Adds to human capital advancement (e.g. mentorship, assistance, and expert advancement chances) for the next generation of scientists.
- Integrates a holistic point of view and includes inter- and multi- disciplinary cooperation with partners (choice intra-African) to utilize time, knowledge, abilities, products, resources and decrease duplication.
- Articulates the prospective to develop effect both throughout and beyond the grant duration. Example effect classifications consist of, however are not restricted to: 1) Ecological Effect; 2) Health and Wellness; 3) Influence On Public Law, Provider and Policy; 4) Human Capability Advancement; 5) Society and International Engagement; 6) Economic Effect.
- Shows understanding of associated current or on-going deal with the continent.
- Specifies a clear prepare for distributing research study results both inside and outside the clinical neighborhood.
- Endeavours to open gain access to publications (popular and clinical).
- Does not present inappropriate ethical or security threats.
All applications should be sent in English through an online website.
Please see the ‘JWO Research Study Grant_Example Design Template’ (PDF) for an example of the fields that will be consisted of in the online design template. Please note, while the ‘JWO Research Study Grant_Example Design Template’ (PDF) can be finished, it can not be published or emailed. It is offered info and preparation functions just. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Due date for submission will be 22 July 2019.
To find out more, go to JWO Research Study Grant