Deadline: November 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship 2021. The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship gives you the confidence, resources, knowledge, network, and financial support to build a startup with an impact.
This Fellowship project is divided into 3 phases:
- Phase 1: This phase runs from December 2020 to February 2021. The total number of participants is 1,000 from all the universities participating in the African Mastercard Foundation Scholars program. This phase consists of experiential entrepreneurship training and idea exploration work from step 0-11 of the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework.
- Phase 2: This phase runs from February 2021 to April 2021. The total number of participants or ideas is 30. These 30 participants or ideas will be selected based on the final assignment delivery of phase one. The most feasible, strongest submissions solving real challenges in their regions, countries, Africa or globally will the ones to be shortlisted in this phase. This phase consists of experiential entrepreneurship training and idea exploration work from step 12-24 of the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework.
- Phase 3: This phase runs from April 2021 to August 2021. The total number of participants or ideas is 15. These 15 participants or ideas will be selected based on the final assignment delivery at the end of phase two. The most feasible, strongest submissions solving really challenges in their regions, countries, Africa or globally will the ones to be shortlisted and recommended to be the 2021 Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellows. This phase consists of the company creation process, financial incentives, mentorship, pitch presentation and many more resources.
- Best-in-class Training:
- Business bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience.
- The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Pitch coaching and mastery.
- Certificate awarded for 100% completion of DDQIC’s essential entrepreneurship training modules.
- Global Visibility and Network:
- Liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North America.
- Access a Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni.
- Join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa.
- Fellows are matched to industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the program.
- Receive feedback at important startup milestones.
- Financial Support:
- 15 Fellows will receive a stipend of $500 CAD.
- Opportunities to pitch for funding in Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre seed funding competitions.
- Open to African students and recent grads with a desire to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life.
- All applicants and participants must be able to participate and complete the program in English. If someone doesn’t speak or write English, they are still encouraged to apply, but they must form a team with someone who can fulfil all the requirements of the program in English.
All participants should apply before midnight on November 30, 2020 by your local time.
For more information, visit Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship.