Due Date: September 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Joel Joffe LLB Scholarships for research study at the University of the Western Cape and The University of Fort Hare in 2020 They welcome applications from present 3rd year trainees (entering into their fourth year in 2020) studying for an LLB at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare.
These scholarships are used in memory of Joel Joffe, who was Nelson Mandela’s legal representative in the 1963/ 4 Rivonia Trial. He played an important function in the battle for democracy in South Africa. The Trust continues to construct on his tradition, motivating others to do as much as possible to understand human rights and decrease hardship.
The Joel Joffe scholarship consists of:
- R40,000 towards the in 2015 of your LLB research study
- A paid internship at Equal Education Law Centre or Legal Resources Centre after the conclusion of LLB research study
- A chance to boost your scholastic and management abilities through arranged occasions
In 2020, the worth of the scholarship bundle is R40,000 Financing will be offered approximately an optimum of 2 years. They support both complete and part-time research study and will think about applications from those who want to study by range knowing.
Candidates should be:
- A nationwide of, and usually resident in, South Africa
- In ownership of a strong scholastic record and extra-curricular participation
- A present undergraduate 3rd year trainee of Law at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare
You can use by sending your finished application to [email protected] Download and conserve the copy of the application on to your computer system prior to you fill it in.
For additional information, go to Joel Joffe LLB Scholarships