Due Date: August 18, 2019
The Munster Literature Centre is pleased to reveal an effort focused on benefiting poets: The John Montague International Poetry Fellowship 2020 The fellowship is enabled through the extremely generous sponsorship of University College Cork. The fellowship acknowledges the unique location of poetry in the cultural history and modern practice of Cork City. The Munster Literature Centre hosts the biggest yearly poetry celebration in Ireland.
The fellowship needs the poet to live in Cork for twelve weeks and discover time to deal with their own writing. The poetry fellow would show up in late January and leave late April. The fellow would contribute a public reading and a four-morning poetry masterclass to the Cork International Poetry Celebration. Throughout their twelve week stay they would supply a 5-credit workshop with the innovative writing department of University College Cork.
Their mentoring tasks would include dedicating 2 hours each, each week, to 2 Cork poets over 8 weeks (32 hours amount to). They will be invited into the literary and social life of the city where they will have the chance to network with resident recognized authors. They would provide a goodbye public reading at the Boole Library of University College Cork.
- The effective fellow would gain from the status of getting an extremely competitive worldwide literary award which will not just permit the prospect to hang around focusing on their own work, however likewise allow them to obtain experience in literary mentoring and the mentor of composing in a scholastic context.
- The effective prospect will have the chance to be motivated by residing in among Europe’s earliest cities, with a strong cultural facilities and a flourishing literary neighborhood.
- The effective fellow would get a regular monthly stipend of EUR2000, amounting to EUR6,000 and self-catering lodging. The expenses of economy flight to and from Cork would likewise be covered.
- Open to a poet from outdoors Ireland of worldwide standing
- Fellowship applications are welcomed from poets operating in English from outdoors Ireland
- The Poetry Fellow should have at least 2 full-length collections of poetry released
- The effective prospect will be a poet appreciated by peers and ideally has experience in the training or mentor of other authors either through workshops and/or mentoring, inside or outside an official scholastic setting.
Prospects should provide through Submittable a single Word file including a literary CV, a letter describing why they wish to operate in Cork, and a course summary for a 4 early morning poetry masterclass focused on poets who have actually currently been effectively released in regulars. The masterclass is to occur on 4 successive early mornings of the Cork International Poetry Celebration including the exact same group every day. The dates for the 2020 celebration are March 25 to 28,2020 Shortisted poets might consequently require to provide copies of their books and send to interview by Skype.
For more details, go to John Montague Fellowship