Utility Deadline: Dec. 4, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Every year, JSK deliver collectively as much as 20 fellows from around the globe to work on concepts to deal with probably the most pressing issues dealing with journalism. In the event you aspire to be a pacesetter who will help reimagine and rework journalism, it is best to apply for our program.
From September to June, JSK Fellows spend their time on particular person and collaborative initiatives to deal with these challenges. Fellows additionally take part in particular workshops and weekly occasions, discover the plentiful sources on the Stanford campus and in Silicon Valley, and have the choice of sitting in on lessons. Stanford is house to a number of the main initiatives in journalism and communication, together with the Computational Journalism Lab, the Digital Human Interplay Lab and the Brown Institute for Media Innovation. We enthusiastically embody spouses, companions and households in fellowship life. In case you are in search of a sabbatical or a solitary expertise, the JSK Fellowships isn’t this system for you.
Candidates ought to suggest a challenge that’s centered on addressing some side of what we consider are probably the most pressing issues dealing with journalism:
- Difficult Misinformation and Disinformation
- Holding the Highly effective Accountable
- Eradicating Information Deserts and Strengthening Native Information
- Preventing Bias, Intolerance and Injustice
- U.S. candidates sometimes have a minimum of seven years of full-time skilled expertise; worldwide candidates sometimes have a minimum of 5 years of expertise.
JSK take into account candidates in these classes:
- Journalists employed by a information group or freelance journalists.
- Journalism entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Journalism enterprise and administration executives.
A stipend of $85,000. Along with this stipend, we offer an extra complement for fellows with youngsters. We additionally cowl the price of Stanford tuition and Stanford well being look after fellows, spouses and youngsters. We additionally assist fellows discover housing.
Different advantages of a JSK Fellowship:
- Entry to a number of the world’s most revolutionary thinkers and organizations, from know-how giants to scorching new startups to Stanford’s 100-plus particular institutes and facilities.
- Alternatives to hitch lessons taught by high Stanford professors and instructors in a variety of specialties. It is not uncommon for lessons to be taught by individuals who additionally work within the vanguard of their fields within the personal sector.
- A wealthy mental and cultural campus life, together with dwell theater, music and dance performances and particular lectures and occasions.
- Fellowship social occasions the place everybody can get to know each other.
- Spouses and companions are eligible to take some lessons and attend many fellowship seminars. Fellows’ youngsters attend glorious Palo Alto-area colleges and are included in some fellowship social actions.
- Publicity to the unimaginable range of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that fellows from everywhere in the world deliver to this system.
- New friendships, skilled connections and entrepreneurial abilities that may proceed past the 10 months fellows spend at Stanford.
The best way to Apply:
Earlier than starting your utility, please overview all the info on the Turn out to be a Fellow web page of our web site, in addition to Who Generally is a Fellow, Being a Fellow and Advantages of a Fellowship.
Vital details about deadlines: Your utility deadline is determined by whether or not you meet our U.S. or worldwide eligibility requirements. Worldwide purposes should be submitted no later than Dec. 4, 2018 at 11:59 p.m., Pacific time. Purposes from U.S. candidates should be submitted no later than Jan. 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m., Pacific time. We don’t settle for late purposes.
Any questions? E mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Extra Data: