Due Date: April 11, 2019
Applications are open for the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2019 The JJ/WBGSP Scholarship is open to ladies and males from establishing nations with appropriate expert experience and a history of supporting their nations’ advancement efforts who are using to a master degree program in a development-related subject.
Topic to offered financing, JJWBGSP provides scholarships for over 200 Preferred Programs covering a large variety of advancement subjects and for 14 Partner Programs at universities in U.S., Africa and Japan in essential locations of advancement, consisting of financial policy management, tax policy, and facilities management. After making their degree, establishing nation scholars dedicate to go back to their house nation to utilize their brand-new abilities and add to their nations’ social and financial advancement.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship offers the recipient with the following advantages:
- Economy class flight in between your house nation and the host university at the start of your research study program and right away following completion of the scholarship duration. In addition to the two-way flight, scholars will get a United States $500 travel allowance for each journey;-LRB- **************).
- Tuition for your graduate program and the expense of standard medical insurance coverage acquired through the university.
- While on school throughout the scholarship duration, a month-to-month subsistence allowance to cover all living expenditures (lodgings, food, and so on, consisting of books). The quantity of the allowance differs depending upon the host nation.
Broadly speaking, Establishing Nation nationals need to:
- Be a nationwide of a World Bank member establishing nation;-LRB- **************).
- Not hold double citizenship of any industrialized nation;-LRB- **************).
- Remain in health;-LRB- **************).
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or comparable) degree made a minimum of 3 years prior to the Application Deadline date;-LRB- **************).
- Have 3 years or more of current development-related work experience after making a Bachelor’s (or comparable) degree;-LRB- **************).
- Be utilized in development-related operate in a paid complete- time position at the time of sending the scholarship application. The only exception to this requirement is for establishing nation nationals from a nation that will be on the upgraded list of Fragile and Dispute States offered to candidates in the Application Standards for each require scholarships;-LRB- **************).
- On or prior to the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be confessed unconditionally (other than for financing) for the upcoming scholastic year to a minimum of among the JJ/WBGSP chosen university master’s programs situated beyond the candidate’s nation of citizenship and nation of house noted at the time the call for scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission need to be published prior to sending your application;-LRB- **************).
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or personnel of any kind of visit of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the abovementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” specified as: Mom, Daddy, Sis, Half-sister, Bro, Half-brother, Boy, Child, Auntie, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
The JJ/WBGSP utilizes the following procedure to evaluate qualified scholarship applications from establishing nation nationals, with the goal of recognizing the prospects with the greatest capacity, after conclusion of their graduate research studies, to affect the advancement of their nations.
2 certified assessors individually evaluate each qualified application and score the application on a scale of 1 to 10, considering 4 primary elements and the degree of cohesion amongst them:
- Quality of Specialist Experience (30% weight)
- Quality of Specialist Suggestions (30% weight)
- Quality of Dedication to your House Nation (30% weight)
- Quality of Education Background (10% weight)
Assistance for this require applications, including this call’s: (i) guidelines and requirements to send an application, the eligibility requirements candidates need to satisfy; and the choice procedure are offered in the Application Standards, Frequently Asked Questions, and the total list of JJ/WBGSP Preferred Master Degrees presently used Please check out these files prior to beginning your application.
When you recognize with the application requirements and procedures, click on this link to use, and describe the “ Accessing your online application” and “ Browsing your online application” to find out how gain access to and browse the online application.
To find out more, see Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship