Deadline: August 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme 2021/2022. The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme is a South African strand of a broader Ireland Fellows Programme managed by the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs.
The Ireland Fellows Programme enables early to mid-career professionals from eligible countries, with leadership potential, to benefit from a prestigious, world-class, quality education contributing to capacity building. It offers selected students the opportunity to undertake a fully funded one-year master’s level programme at a higher education institution (HEI) in Ireland.
In 2021, fellowships will be offered for postgraduate study in:
- Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation, Rural Development
- Food Science, Food Engineering and related
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Health, Medicine and Health Economics
- Development Studies, Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution and Humanitarian Action
- Social Policy, Social Research, Community Development and Sociology
- Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies
- Law, Human Rights and related
- International Relations, Politics, Government, Ethics
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management and Business
- Information Systems and Communications Technology
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- University application fees;
- Tuition fees;
- Examination and other fees;
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- Settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance;
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and;
- The costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application.
- Be a resident national of South Africa;
- Have a minimum of two years relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering);
- Hold an honours level academic qualification with a minimum grade point average of 75% (First class honour, or second class honour, Grade);
- Be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas;
- Be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2021/2022;
- Must not have applied for Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
Applicants are to read the guidelines carefully before applying. Submissions are due by 17:00 BST on Monday, August 31, 2020.
For more information, visit Kader Asmal Fellowship.