Application Due Date: March 20 th 2019
In August 2018, the Kaduna State Federal Government invited the inaugural class of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Program. Following a strenuous choice procedure, 16 Fellows from all over Nigeria are taking part in the 1 year Fellowship.
The Program’s goal is to establish and support management capability throughout Nigeria, with particular concentrate on the appealing leaders of the future. The 1 year program intends to develop a network of high possible young Nigerians who are anticipated to increase to leading management positions in the general public sector and other spheres of activity over the next years. The general objective of the non-partisan program, as pictured by Guv Nasir el-Rufai, remains in his words, “ to raise the next generation of leaders who will more than likely be soaked up into the Nigerian public sector having had a first-hand experience of its functions and obstacles“.
The Governing Board of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Program is delighted to reveal that the choice procedure for the 2nd set of fellows has actually started. Applications are thus welcomed from prospects thinking about being thought about for the 2019/2020 class of Fellows.
To be qualified as a 2019/2020 Kashim Ibrahim Fellow, candidates should reveal some level of public interest orientation
Choice Criteria Include:
- Variety: The program will confess twenty-four (24) Fellows representing varied ethnic, spiritual, and gender backgrounds, with different academic and financial environments; working from all angles and with various viewpoints to enhance their neighborhoods and civic life.
- A recognized record of self-control, punctuality, commitment, regard, privacy and stability as Fellows MUST embody the modification they want to see in the society
- Dedication to taking part in important problems and to making a distinction at the nationwide level.
- Guarantee of a future profession of management and significant effect.
- Unique capability for crucial, innovative, entrepreneurial, and tactical thinking.
- Dedication to a strenuous program of activities and to full-time home in Kaduna for the ENTIRE period of the program
- Fellowships are offered for people who are working to fix crucial public issues in innovative and effective methods.
- Efficiency in English: Fellows should be proficient in spoken and composed English as all programs will be carried out in English.
- Candidates should be Nigerian people in between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Have actually finished from an undergraduate or academic degree program from an identified University and have actually finished the National Youth Service Corp program.
- An income and advantages comparable to that of Unique Assistant to the.
Guv from the Ministry, Department or Company for which Fellows.
- Lodging: Boarding (and breakfast) in a perfectly provided one-bedroom apartment or condo throughout of the program.
Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Program consists of 4 elements, particularly;-LRB- ********).
- Work Positioning
Engagement in the work of Kaduna State.
Federal government lies at the heart of a Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship. Work.
projects can use unrivaled experience dealing with senior.
administration authorities on ever altering problems and obstacles. Fellows.
will invest a year as full-time, paid assistants to senior Federal government.
Home Personnel, Cabinet members and other top-level federal government authorities.
in State Departments and Agencies.
- Task Tasks: Fellows duties would.
variety from supporting civil service shipment, interagency conferences and.
developing and executing state federal government policies, to preparing.
speeches for federal government principals to representing their companies.
outside Kaduna State. Fellows’ projects require a capability for fast.
discovering and a determination to strive, typically on problems beyond.
their location of proficiency. Task projects are made at the start of.
the Program throughout “Positioning Week”.
- Compensation: Fellows will get income and.
advantages comparable to that of an Unique Assistant to the Guv from.
the Ministry, Department or Company for which they work. Kashim Ibrahim.
Fellows can not get settlement from any other source throughout their.
year of federal government service. In addition, lodging will be supplied.
throughout the course of the program.
- Education Program
The necessary Education Program acts as an essential element of the Fellowship as it is meant to enhance and boost the work positioning experience. Fellows are anticipated to completely carry out the Education Program which would consist of speaker series, domestic policy journeys, a global policy journey and Aspen Institute design quarterly workshops. Throughout this procedure, a balance is kept in between individual advancement, self-reflection and the Nigerian context of management. The worths and principles of management likewise form a significant element of the knowing experience.
3. Social Work
Social work is a crucial element of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Program. Fellows have a strong tradition of service to their neighborhoods and take part in social work tasks throughout their year in Kaduna Metropolitan area. Fellows will be anticipated to pursue tasks to help the metropolitan bad with strong waste management and recycling systems, volunteer mentor, mentoring secondary school trainees, helping Nigerian Legion members, or taking part in the clean-up of regional schools.
Possibly the most improving element of.
the program is class fellowship, which typically leads to withstanding.
relationships and collective endeavors. Alumni will assemble at annual.
conferences in Kaduna hosted by the Guv, to excitedly invite brand-new.
Fellows into what we hope would be among the most distinguished networks.
of specialists and leaders in the state and our country.
- Please keep in mind that application for.
admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Program is completely an.
online procedure. There are no paper forms to finish. To use, please.
register on https://kashimibrahimfellows.com/register.php
- There is no application cost or any expense to use
- Previous to the due date of 20 th March 2019,.
you might deal with your application at any time and send it when you are.
prepared. After developing an account and accessing the online application,.
you can submit products and demand your recommendation letters.
- Candidates are needed to send a Résumé/ RÃ©sumÃ© (optimal 3 pages), an essay ( word file of1000 words optimum), and 2 recommendation letters. The essay subject is “ Handling Variety and Fault Lines in Nigeria“.
- A fundamental part of the application is.
the essay where you have the chance to show what you have.
accomplished and what your objectives are for the future as we wish to see.
individuals who have actually had a performance history of imbibing modification and are looking.
forward to making modification as they progress.
- The most crucial requirement is to have.
a genuine dedication to put your brand-new management abilities into usage to benefit.
your neighborhood, State and Nigeria upon the effective conclusion of the.
To Learn More: