Deadline: October 17, 2021
Applications are invited for the Kendal Mountain Festival Film Commissioning Grant 2021. Adventure storytelling is at the heart of Kendal Mountain Festival therefore they are excited to be partnering with Rab® to support upcoming British based filmmakers.
The grant is for a documentary film of up to 30 minutes to be made in the United Kingdom during the period of November 2021 to September 2022 exploring the theme, ‘The Mountain People’.
- The Kendal Mountain and Rab® Film Commissioning Grant will contribute £10,000 and project support to a winning film application, awarded at the 2021 Festival.
- Open to filmmakers and production companies who are based in the UK.
- Productions must be scheduled to be shot, edited and all assets delivered by September 2022, in time for submission to the November Festival.
- All teams must consider the environmental impact of the project and they suggest you use the ‘We Are Albert Carbon Calculator’ to assess your decision making.
Your pitch will be assessed against the following criteria:
- The creative strengths of the proposal
- The strengths of the project team
- The likely career progression for the individuals involved
- The ability of the story to connect with audiences
- The value of the story to mountain culture
- The logistical preparation of the project
The application requires:
- 300 words outlining the proposed story
- 200 words on the intended audience of the film
- 200 words on any key challenges you will face
- A PDF containing the bios of your production team, a production and location schedule and a completed budget.
- You can download the budget template here.
For more information, visit Film Commissioning Grant.