Deadline: December 8, 2021
Applications are open for the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Abroad Program 2022-2023. U.S. high school students who want to experience another culture can apply for full scholarships to study abroad next school year through the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Abroad program.
As YES Abroad scholars, American high school students promote mutual understanding between the U.S. and the host country by forming lasting relationships with the local community.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the YES Abroad program is a component of the Kennedy-Lugar YES program, an exchange program that brings almost 900 high school students from approximately 40 countries with significant Muslim populations to the United States to study each year. For the 2022-2023 academic year, full scholarships are available through YES Abroad to live with host families and attend a local high school for one academic year in countries that may include Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Jordan, North Macedonia, Malaysia, Morocco, the Philippines, Senegal, Thailand, and Turkey.
The merit-based scholarship covers the following program costs for participants:
- Domestic and international travel;
- Tuition and related academic preparation;
- Accommodations with a host family;
- Educational and cultural activities in the host country, orientations, applicable visa fees, three meals per day, and medical coverage.
- Open to high school students who are United States citizens;
- Applicant should be interested in studying abroad in other countries.
The 2022-2023 application deadline is December 8, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information, visit YES Abroad.