Due Date: November 18, 2018
The application procedure for the 2019 Kiplinger Fellowship in Digital Media is open. The Kiplinger Program provides fellows innovative training on digital tools and strategies from leading market specialists.
Are you all set to sign up with the ranks of Kiplinger Fellows– reporters trained to flourish in the Digital Age? The Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio University looks for ingenious reporters with a strong desire to reboot their digital abilities.
Picked Fellows will invest a week at Ohio University’s stunning primary school in Athens, immersed in hands-on training led by nationwide specialists. They’ll concentrate on utilizing digital and social networks to construct a more powerful following, establish brand-new sources and boost your reporting. They’ll assist you hone reporting abilities to hold federal government and organizations liable. We’ll talk Twitter, deep Web searches, crowdsourcing, public records, spreadsheets, videography, information visualization, and the most recent digital tools and strategies.
In 2019 they will host 20 fellows for the week-long training. The fellowship will cover a range of appropriate digital media subjects such as cybersecurity for reporters, mobile videography, information journalism and information visualization, social networks sleuthing, ethical and legal problems along with particular subjects chosen by our approved fellows.
The Fellowship ranges from Sunday, April 7 to Friday, April 12, 2019 in Athens, Ohio, house to the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University.
The Kiplinger Fellowship will cover your hotel lodgings for the week, spend for much of your meals and offer you with a complete week of immersive digital training. Fellows (or their wire service) will be accountable for setting up and spending for transport to and from the John Glen International Airport in Columbus, Ohio.
For reporters working outside the United States, restricted travel stipends (absolutely no greater than half of the air travel) will be offered.
- Expert reporters from worldwide might make an application for an area in this desirable fellowship.
- Have more than 5 years of experience
- Applicants require to have a command of spoken and composed English to gain from the fellowship.
- Your 3 work samples need to remain in English also. If your work as a reporter needs that you compose in another language aside from English, you need to offer originals and English translations.
- All candidates need to use online utilizing the Qualtrics procedure, utilizing the link listed below.
- All applications began need to be finished because time session, so please have actually prepared products on hand when beginning the application.
- All applications need to have a bio, description for using and 3 work samples.
- Those who do not satisfy these requirements will not be thought about.
To learn more, see Kiplinger Fellowship