Application Due date: midnight Sunday, Nov.18 2018
Are you prepared to sign up with the ranks of Kiplinger Fellows— reporters trained to prosper in the Digital Age? The Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio University looks for ingenious reporters with a strong desire to reboot their digital abilities. You require a minimum of 5 years of expert experience to use (yes, internships count).
Chosen Fellows will invest a week at Ohio University’s lovely primary school in Athens, immersed in hands-on training led by nationwide specialists. We’ll concentrate on utilizing digital and social networks to develop a more powerful following, establish brand-new sources and boost your reporting. We’ll assist you hone reporting abilities to hold federal government and organizations responsible
Because 1973, reporters have actually completed for prominent Kiplinger Fellowships at Ohio State University Recently, numerous reporters from worldwide have actually used every year for 20 to 25 slots– placing the Kiplinger Fellowship amongst a handful of nationally popular journalism fellowships.
The fellowship will run Sunday, April 7 to Friday, April 12 at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University in Athens. OU lies 80 miles south of Columbus.
The fellowship will cover a range of appropriate digital media subjects such as cybersecurity for reporters, mobile videography, information journalism and information visualization, social networks sleuthing, ethical and legal concerns along with particular subjects picked by our given fellows.
- The Kiplinger Fellowship will cover your hotel lodgings for the week, spend for much of your meals and offer you with a complete week of immersive digital training. Fellows (or their wire service) will be accountable for setting up and spending for transport to and from the John Glen International Airport in Columbus, Ohio. For reporters working outside the United States, restricted travel stipends (absolutely no greater than half of the air travel) will be readily available.
- All candidates should use online utilizing the Qualtrics procedure, utilizing the link listed below. All applications began should be finished because time session, so please have actually prepared products on hand when beginning the application.
- All applications should have a bio, description for using and 3 work samples. Those who do not fulfill these requirements will not be thought about.
Prior to you start, you may wish to compose these 4 pieces, which you then can copy and paste into the application:
1. A brief bio (optimum of 150 words).
2. A brief description of how the Kiplinger Fellowship would benefit you and your newsroom (optimum of 200 words).
3. Web links to 3 current stories that display your skill. International reporters whose work does not appear in English needs to provide English translations of 3 stories (information listed below).
4. 2 referrals who understand your work well (name, title, company, e-mail, phone).
Program us you are prepared. Please have your products prepared when you start the application procedure. If you begin an application and do not complete it, you need to begin over once again when you return. Preparation will conserve you time and sorrow.
If you have concerns, please contact Kevin Z. Smith at smith.10002 @osu. edu or 614-688-7464
To Learn More: