Due Date: September 27, 2019
Applications are open for the Knight Going To Nieman Fellowships at Harvard 2020 The Knight Checking out Nieman Fellowships provide short-term research study chances to people intrigued in dealing with unique tasks created to advance journalism.
Because this effort’s beginning in 2012, the Nieman Structure has actually granted 42 going to fellowships varying in between 2 and twelve weeks. Prospects require not be practicing reporters, however need to show the methods which their work at Harvard and the Nieman Structure might enhance the potential customers for journalism’s future.
Knight Checking out Nieman Fellows make use of the substantial resources at Harvard and MIT, consisting of regional scholars, proving ground and libraries, to accomplish concrete outcomes, either establishing a job that can be finished throughout the time invested at Harvard or as part of a bigger endeavor that continues after the fellowship duration ends. Furthermore, fellows are anticipated to share their development and findings either through publication on among Nieman’s internal sites– Nieman Reports, Nieman Journalism Laboratory, and Nieman Storyboard– or in another medium or format much better fit to the job.
Checking out fellowships happen throughout the calendar instead of the scholastic year. Candidates note their favored start date, the variety of weeks asked for (no greater than 12), and any versatility concerning dates in the online application. The Nieman Structure will deal with picked fellows to identify a start date. The period of the fellowship granted might be much shorter than the variety of weeks asked for. A lot of fellowships are in between 4 and 8 weeks.
- For fellows not supported by a company throughout the fellowship, a stipend of $1,350 weekly will be supplied. If a company keeps the fellow on wage throughout the fellowship since the job benefits the company, a fellowship stipend will not be supplied.
- If a fellow does not live in the Boston location or otherwise have lodgings, totally free usage of a provided one-bedroom apartment or condo will be readily available for the length of the fellowship.
- The proposed job should have the prospective to advance journalism. This might be connected to research study, shows, style, monetary methods or another subject.
- Those who must think about using consist of reporters, publishers, technologists, business owners, developers, designers, media experts, academics and others who wish to make an effect. There is no age limitation or scholastic requirements, and a college degree is not needed. Both U.S. and global candidates are welcomed to use.
- Prospects need to be readily available to be in home in Cambridge, Mass., throughout of the fellowship.
- Potential fellows need to speak and check out English with complete confidence and have a command of composed English.
The application needs biographical info, a résumé or curriculum vitae, contact info for 3 expert referrals, and a 600- word job proposition– an essay that explains the job you prepare to pursue as a going to fellow at Harvard.
The assisting concerns to address within the essay are: Which specific Harvard or regional resources will be specifically crucial and helpful? How, particularly, will you utilize your fellowship time to advance the job? What will be completion item or outcome of your fellowship? How will your work advantage journalism?
For additional information, see Knight Going To Nieman Fellowships