Deadline: October 15, 2021
Applications are open for the Kokuyo Design Award 2022. The Award is an international product design competition that’s all about imagining and creating the future together. It gathers proposals from all around the world, and turns outstanding entries into commercial products.
The Kokuyo Design Award 2022 will be the 19th competition, and this time, they will be calling for works based on the theme “UNLEARNING.” With the pandemic making latent issues in society more manifest, the theme is about resetting the knowledge and senses never questioned before and the experiences accumulated up to now, and exploring what designs can be created by imagining ideal futures for each of us.
- Grand Prix for one winner – ¥2,000,000 (about $18,000).
- Merit Award for three winners – ¥500,000 (about $4,500) per winner.
- Corporations organizations, individuals, and groups are all welcome, regardless of age, sex, professional background, or nationality.
- Only designs that have never before been shown publicly (in Japan or other countries) are eligible for entry.
- Entrants must be able to give a presentation at the final judging that’s scheduled for March 12, 2022.
Individuals and groups who wish to enter a design for the Kokuyo Design Award 2022 must complete:
- Step 1: Register Your Entrant Information
- Step 2: Register Design Information
- Step 3: Submit Design
For more information, visit Kokuyo Design Award.