Due Date: July 8, 2019
Are you a young African reporter excited to pursue additional research study and take your profession to the next level? Look for the Konrad Adenaeur Stiftung (KAS) Media Africa Journalism Scholarship 2020 KAS Media Africa is using university scholarships for 2 appealing, young sub-Saharan African reporters to do full-time Honours or Masters Degrees at the distinguished University of Witwatersrand’s Journalism Program in Johannesburg in 2020.
The scholarship consists of:
- University costs
- Return flight to Johannesburg
- Modest regular monthly stipend
- Lodging costs for trainee real estate
- A one-time payment towards research study products
- Compensation of expenses for research study visa and SAQA evaluation
- Prospects must be under 30 years of ages, working as a reporter in a sub-Saharan African nation and proficient in English.
- For Honours, prospects need to have at least 3 years’ working experience and either a bachelor’s degree or pass an entryway test.
- For Masters, prospects need to have a degree equivalent to the Bachelor’s Degree Honours in Journalism (or associated field) and a minimum of 3 years’ working experience.
- Prospects need to work carefully with KAS Media Africa throughout their remain in Johannesburg and compose routine narrative reports on their research study development.
Applicants require to send:
- An inspiration letter
- A CV
- 2 samples of released writing/ broadcast clips
- 2 letters of nomination/reference by a senior reporter, publisher or scholastic
Applications must be emailed to [email protected] with ” KAS scholarship” in the subject heading.
For additional information, go to KAS Media Africa Journalism Scholarship