Due Date: September 30, 2019
Applications are open for the L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future Contest for Quarter 4 2019 The Contest is a chance for brand-new authors of sci-fi and dream to have their work evaluated by a few of the masters in the field and found by a broad audience.
The L. Ron Hubbard Writers and Illustrators of the Future Contests have actually left an enduring mark on the fields of sci-fi and dream. With more than 3 years of establishing brand-new expert authors and more than a quarter century of cultivating brand-new expert illustrators, the effect that the 2 Contests have actually had on the field is difficult to determine. The Contest was formed for a function beyond merely providing awards– it was planned to assist cultivate the next generation of master authors. Budrys established a first-rate workshop to accompany the awards event.
There will be 3 prize money in each quarter:
- Very First Reward: $1,000
- 2nd Reward: $750
- 3rd Reward: $500
- In addition, at the end of the year the top place winners will have their entries evaluated by a panel of judges, and a Grand Reward winner will be identified and get an extra $5,000 All winners will likewise get prizes.
- Open just to those who have actually not expertly released an unique or brief book, or more than one novelette, or more than 3 narratives, in any medium. Expert publication is considered to be payment of a minimum of 8 cents per word, and a minimum of 5,000 copies, or 5,000 strikes.
- All entries need to be initial works by the entrant, in English. Plagiarism, that includes making use of third-party poetry, tune lyrics, characters or another individual’s universe, without composed consent, will lead to disqualification. Extreme violence or sex, identified by the judges, will lead to disqualification. Entries might not have actually been formerly released in expert media.
- Entries need to be works of prose, approximately 17,000 words in length. They regret they can rule out poetry, or works planned for kids.
- Entries sent in paper copy should be typewritten or a computer system hard copy in black ink on white paper, printed just on the front of the paper, double-spaced, with numbered pages. All other formats will be disqualified. Each entry should have a cover page with the title of the work, the author’s legal name, a pen name if appropriate, address, phone number, e-mail address and an approximate word count. Every subsequent page should bring the title and a page number, however the author’s name need to be erased to help with reasonable, confidential evaluating. Entries sent digitally need to be double-spaced and need to consist of the title and page number on each page, however not the author’s name. Electronic submissions will individually consist of the author’s legal name, pen name if appropriate, address, phone number, e-mail address and approximate word count.
Entries can be sent out physically or digitally. Click on this link to send your entry online
To send your entry in paper copy, mail it to:
L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future Contest
7051 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90028
To find out more, see L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future