Due Date: December 5, 2019
Applications for the Ladies Techmakers Irish University Scholarship 2020/2021 are now open. Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program– previously the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program– Google is enhancing Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of developing gender equality in the tech market by motivating females to stand out as active individuals and leaders in the field.
The Scholars Program includes the list below aspects:
- Scholarship: A scholastic scholarship, granted based upon scholastic efficiency, management, and influence on the neighborhood of females in tech.
- Retreat: A chance to get in touch with fellow scholars and Google coaches, while taking part in expert and individual advancement training and workshops.
- Neighborhood: An online network with fellow Scholars Program individuals created to share resources, support the worldwide neighborhood of females in tech, and work together on jobs to make ongoing effect.
- Ladies Techmakers Scholars will each get 5,000 EUR award (or regional equivalent) throughout of their undergraduate research studies.
- All scholarship receivers will be welcomed to the yearly Google Trainee Retreat in the summer season of 2020 to get in touch with fellow scholars, network with Googlers, and take part in a variety of advancement workshops.
- Expert advancement and neighborhood outreach chances will continue to be used after the retreat.
- As a Women Techmaker Scholar, you will sign up with an international neighborhood of scholars, have access to an online forum to share resources, support other females in tech, and work together on jobs to make an ongoing effect in your neighborhood.
To be qualified to use, candidates need to:
- Be presently registered as a very first or 2nd year undergraduate trainee at a university/institute of innovation in Ireland for the 2019-20 scholastic year
- Intend to continue pursuing their Bachelors degree at a university/institute of innovation in Ireland for a minimum of the 2020-21 and 2021-22 scholastic years
- Be studying computer technology, computer system engineering, or a carefully associated technical field
- Show a strong scholastic record
- Exemplify management and show enthusiasm for increasing the participation of females in innovation
A group of female undergraduate trainees will be picked from the candidate swimming pool, and scholarships will be granted based upon their strength of influence on variety, showed management, and scholastic background.
To learn more, check out Ladies Techmakers